HELP Plz... AR15 part needed asap

Are you having problems with a rifle or handgun? Having problems with a magazine? This is the place to post for help or to help others. If you fixed that nagging problem with your AR-15, this is the place to post how you did it.
NEFP
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

HELP Plz... AR15 part needed asap

Post by NEFP »

Yes, I am a moron... Working on my AR15 and launched my buffer detent and spring. Found 50%... Need a spring quickly. Any idea of a shop around Phoenix where I can grab one quick?

YNOTAZ
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: HELP Plz... AR15 part needed asap

Post by YNOTAZ »

MLS Arms 2-photos
No reviews · Gun shop
15610 N 35th Ave Suite 6
Phone: (602) 845-0657

Last time I was in there he had a lot of parts. That was a while ago so call first.
dread_scott

Post by dread_scott »

Tombstone tactical carries small parts as well.

Im no expert, but i know some people run their AR's without the buffer detent and spring, because sometimes that little nub breaks off and if it does, it can get wedged into the FCG and cause issues. Those are few and far between, but it has been documented, just some food for thought.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Running an AR without a buffer detent is that last thing I would ever do unless it was an emergency.

The only way to damage the tit on the detent is to overtighten the buffer tube when installing it and bending or cracking the tit, or charging the firearm without the barrel installed which will allow the buffer weight to move a bit more forward smacking the detent tit really good, causing metal fatigue or cracks.

I don't know about anyone else but I would be much more worried about forgetting I had no detent, opening the AR, and launching my buffer weight and spring down the firing line, onto a hot range, or getting hit in the nuts with 3-8oz.

Then there's always the laughter and pointing that follows an now pictures on the Internet.
dread_scott

Post by dread_scott »

I run a regular detent and dont worry about it, but wanted to put it out there, that if necessary, it could be ran without one.

I know Russell Phagan of KE Arms runs without it and has for awhile with no issues. You can look up his videos as sinistral rifleman. Hes been doing competitions for 20 years, unsure how long detentless, but runs it always with no issues.

If you cant remember that you dont have a detent and to slowly open your AR to catch the spring, do you really think you can remember the manual of arms of using a firearm and the outrageously long list of firearm safety rules?!
tripletap

Post by tripletap »

buy a bic lighter and take out the spring
same thing- Glockmonger taught me that 2002