Polymer fill in

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
Azdonald
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Polymer fill in

Post by Azdonald »

Got a magpul stock for my 10/22 TD a couple years ago for a great price. But the guy had heated the QD studs to place them in the stock if that makes sense.

Not really a big issues and doesnt look too bad but if I ever want to pull them out is there anything I can use to fill the holes. And just sand and paint?

Crippledtrigger
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Polymer fill in

Post by Crippledtrigger »

I hate bubbsmith jobs.

That said is it worth all that for just a poly stock?

Anyways you can use rifle bedding compound marinetex, bondo, brownells acuraglass gell and various dyes to match color if you dont want to paint after, and other fillers. Search what people use for grip reduction materials on polymer handguns. There is plenty of info out there about that stuff.
Fragout21

Post by Fragout21 »

JB Weld might work okay for filling in the hole. I’m assuming the existing polymer is just as hard as dried JB Weld. You would have to sand it and the paint the patched area to match the stock color.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Whatever you fill it with, MarineTex would be my choice, it will look just as bad (or worse) than it does now. Just leave it alone. Or buy a new stock.

A picture would be helpful.