Need some parts Parkerized - Suggestions?

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
338lapua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Need some parts Parkerized - Suggestions?

Post by 338lapua »

Tim McBride wrote: June 29th, 2018, 10:50 am
338lapua wrote: June 29th, 2018, 8:12 am I used Smith Enterprises a couple times when I needed something parked. They usually do it on Fridays, call and ask for Andy, you don't want to deal with Ron unless you know him.
That's an understatement.
I get along with Ron but few do but they do good work. He is just ever so slightly abrasive. Ron and I barreled one of my M-14's one day and put the rest of it together in the shop, he is a wealth of knowledge on M-14's and other rifles. I worked his booth at the SAR show one year. I am kind of like him in some ways meaning I can be a a**hole. They do nice parkerizing though.

338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Mr_Maim wrote: June 29th, 2018, 8:22 am Smith Enterprise Inc., in Tempe?

These guys? Smith Enterprise, Inc. - Contact
That is the place. They build really nice M-14's too.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

338lapua wrote: June 29th, 2018, 2:49 pm
Tim McBride wrote: June 29th, 2018, 10:50 am
338lapua wrote: June 29th, 2018, 8:12 am I used Smith Enterprises a couple times when I needed something parked. They usually do it on Fridays, call and ask for Andy, you don't want to deal with Ron unless you know him.
That's an understatement.
I get along with Ron but few do but they do good work. He is just ever so slightly abrasive. Ron and I barreled one of my M-14's one day and put the rest of it together in the shop, he is a wealth of knowledge on M-14's and other rifles. I worked his booth at the SAR show one year. I am kind of like him in some ways meaning I can be a a**hole. They do nice parkerizing though.
They do awesome work, I would never discount the quality of the work. Ron is just a bit abrasive to people, which rubs some folks wrong.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

I did an AK years ago that came out pretty good. I used the Magnesium powder from a couple D size Alkaline batteries and some Ospho solution from Ace hardware-
I can't find the exact one I used but there are several formulas out there on the net...

I used a BBQ grill and a 50 cal ammo can. I made a trough for the barrel from a piece of pipe. Used coat hangers to suspend things.

The hardest thing was keeping the temperature consistent and hot enough.
DIY.Park-08.JPG