Handguard recommendations

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
Hill60
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Handguard recommendations

Post by Hill60 »

I'm in the process of building an AR pistol - 10.5" barrel, and I'm looking for a 12" free-float m-lok handguard.

I'll be using some sort of linear comp, that should be long enough to extend beyond the front edge of the handguard.

I was considering a Guntec GT-12MLK, (support local) but have been dissuaded by reports of poor anodizing and an odd sized, aluminum barrel nut wrench, which is likely to require additional money.

I really like the Aero Precision Quantum - as it fits my price point ($100) nicely.

Before I make the purchase, I thought I'd ask if there are any others that I should give consideration to.

12", free-float, black, M-Lok, around $100, would be the minimum standards.

Thanks!

azmp5
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Handguard recommendations

Post by azmp5 »

The only thing I worry about when people want longer handguards than barrels IS the comp/brake they want to use. Atleast you are choosing a linear one. My next question would only be do you ever plan on throwing a suppressor on this gun? If so then I may rethink the handguard and go with a 10" rail.

As far as which 1... there is just to many to choose from, and I would just go with 1 you like and from a reputable company.
Hill60

Post by Hill60 »

I'm not likely to go thru the hassles of getting a suppressor - but you make a good point; a shorter handguard would give me more flexibility.
Chili

Post by Chili »

Hey maybe give these guys a look:

https://www.mentium-usa.com/

They have a lot of offerings and will fit within your stated budget. I just installed one of their 15" rails and I am impressed with the quality and light weight.

ImageIMAG0014~3[1]
Hill60

Post by Hill60 »

Hey Chili - thanks for the heads-up - nice looking build!