AR15-A2

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
Nomad80
New to ArizonaShooting.org

AR15-A2

Post by Nomad80 »

Anyone know where I can find a 20” barreled upper receiver with an actual A2 style upper? I’ve looked high & low online, but can’t find an actual A2. There’s lots of “A2” uppers out there, but they’re flat tops with a clamp on carry handle. I’m trying to make a clone of the rifle I carried in the Army waaaaay back in 1998-2001. Guess I’m turning into a dinosaur sooner than I expected, because flat tops seem to be all that’s out there.

Pic for reference.
Attachments
C3E3E036-2EA6-43ED-8BE5-3BC7F7E25FCC.jpeg

Berd
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: AR15-A2

Post by Berd »

I think you would be best off to assemble one. I did just that, 20" FN barrel, unknown manufacture A2 upper I bought used.

Sweet shooting rifle.
Gatsby
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Gatsby »

I agree with Berd. White Oak has a good reputation and has one but it may not be in your budget (at $800, it's out of mine, anyway):

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/shop/h ... -post.html

Here's their stripped upper:
https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/shop/u ... ramps.html

and brownell's had the A2 upper parts kit in stock, with doesn't happen often. Oh by the way, have fun with the little ball bearing under the rear sight.... use vaseline or something to keep it in place.
Nomad80

Post by Nomad80 »

Awesome. Thanks!