What is up with Freedom Concepts laboratory?

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
brian10x
ArizonaShooting.org Member

What is up with Freedom Concepts laboratory?

Post by brian10x »

http://liberty1911.com/

I really, REALLY want to build a 1911, but the jigs are too expensive for just one use. The Liberty 1911 uses a polymer lower with beefy-looking steel rails and at an affordable price to boot.

They were supposed to start shipping in March but not a peep anywhere in the internet since.

Anyone hear anything?

( Or rent me your rail cutter jig and I'll build a proper 1911 like God and John Moses Browning intended)
Attachments
MkIX-G-GI.jpg

Azbuilder

Re: What is up with Freedom Concepts laboratory?

Post by Azbuilder »

I have been waiting also, hope some thing shakes loose soon so you can be a guinea pig for me ! :D
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

Azbuilder wrote: June 4th, 2018, 3:41 pm I have been waiting also, hope some thing shakes loose soon so you can be a guinea pig for me ! :D

Ready and willing!
Attachments
pig.jpg
pig.jpg (8.82 KiB) Viewed 10799 times
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Is this supposed be a single or double stack?
Azbuilder

Post by Azbuilder »

Single stack 8+1. http://liberty1911.com
Azbuilder

Post by Azbuilder »

brian10x wrote: June 4th, 2018, 7:25 pm
Azbuilder wrote: June 4th, 2018, 3:41 pm I have been waiting also, hope some thing shakes loose soon so you can be a guinea pig for me ! :D

Ready and willing!
Awwwwwwwwwwww ! Cute! Cuy al Horno. Very nice pan fried with a lite flour oil coating if you have not tried one ! Oh remember lime juice,..
Azbuilder

Post by Azbuilder »

What we are talking about. What they put out on social media.

Suggested retail prices are:
$139 for the MkIX frame kit, which includes:
- polymer frame and backstrap
- steel front and rear rail inserts
- front rail pin
- thumb safety insert
- mag catch
- mag catch spring
$29 for the jig, which is reusable. There is no reason to make a customer re-buy it with every frame purchase. It includes all the bits needed to complete the frame manufacture process
$75 for a frame completion kit, which would include all the small parts needed to complete the frame.
$399 for a complete firearm kit, which includes a frame kit and all the parts to build a complete gun, but not the jig or magazines
$75 for the optional 100% ambi upgrade kit. This includes the slide stop, thumb safety and magazine catch. These are not reversible, like a glock, but true ambi parts.

We appreciate your concerns about vaporware, however that claim implies that we would be trying to collect money for a product we will never deliver. That's not the case. We aren't taking pre-orders and this isn't some kickstarter. Our distributors will be handling the sales, and I doubt they would let us be in their booths if it was just vaporware. These are functional prototypes of the real parts that will be shipping in March.

We understand 80% kits aren't for everyone, polymer framed pistols aren't for everyone, and 1911 aren't for everyone.

------------------------------------
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

Thanks for locating that. I'm starting to think the BATFE is the problem. I was watching a video of lenny Magill of the Glockstore, and his SS80 kit is ready to ship, pending approval from the feds, which he submitted 6 months ago. Maybe Freedom Concepts is just waiting for the green light before they ship.

The least they could do is update is though!
AZ1

Post by AZ1 »

It's an interesting design but the grip looks thicker than a standard 1911. I really like the feel of a 1911 with thin grips.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

More than likely they have logistics issues. You don't just push a button and things just magically appear, you plan and schedule. Today you are planning for what happens a year from now, sounds like they jumped the gun without all the ducks being in a row and are scrambling to find parts, get their parts molded and then the parts machined.

Most firearms companies will never understand logistics, especially since most sub out the work to machine shops and other companies and they just put it together or bag parts for you to put it together.
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

Could be they are having BATFE compliance issues too. The Glockstore was set to release a new 80% frame a long time ago, but the ATF is dragging their heels on the approval.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

brian10x wrote: July 17th, 2018, 5:09 am Could be they are having BATFE compliance issues too. The Glockstore was set to release a new 80% frame a long time ago, but the ATF is dragging their heels on the approval.
Why start molding if you haven't even got a approved design yet? Why would Glock Store have them ready to sip if they are not approved? Doesn't make sense but then half the firearms industry and their decisions make no sense.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

If they had a double stack I would be interested.