DIY target building

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

DIY target building

Post by knockonit »

over the years have designed with assistance, built and used many target types, one i have not tried is the ''texas star'', anyone managed to successfully home build a unit, specifically the spring clips ect. my issue is being an old guy and carrying heavy steel, to the range and set up, yeah, yeah, i know brutal punishment from boolits,
so who has , any info will work, and yeah, i've been on the pooter, looking at all kinds of samples.
thanks Rj

superduty38

Re: DIY target building

Post by superduty38 »

The spring clips you can buy from a manufacturer, our club just bought a box to fix up our stars. Just saw a model at a show that used strong magnets to hold the plates. That looks like the way to go. Our stars come apart but still the center section is very heavy. Probably ok for young guys, lol, but to heavy to be moving around much for us oldsters. You could bolt the arms on, so removed that would save some weight. Still the post the center section is attached to is not going to be light.
Doc

Re: DIY target building

Post by Doc »

Why build a Texas star when you can have the polish plate rack?

LINK:
https://youtube.com/shorts/QiEuPozl7JU? ... c9iObHSehP