Looking for a trashed/destroyed AR barrel for project

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Looking for a trashed/destroyed AR barrel for project

Post by Suck My Glock »

I'm looking for a scrap chamber end barrel remnant of an AR15 or M16. Basically, I want absolutely nothing forward of any gas bleed hole, nor any hole itself. In fact, ideally the front half with the sight tower would be missing. I seek to eventually have an undrilled shorty barrel of about 6 or 7 inches. If your barrel is still full length,...that's fine. I'll be having it cut and threaded anyway. But I don't want to do this to a barrel anyone cares about or is serviceable for other use.

At one point there were saw-cut scrap gov't barrel remnants you could pick up for $10 or $15, and that's sort of what I'm hoping someone has laying around that they have no need for and can't imagine having a use. It can be any diameter barrel. Maybe you have one that was in a fire and the heat treat is gone and unsafe to use, or maybe you truck ran it over and bent it. That would be perfect. It can be nearly any toasty phukked up tube, as long as it still has rifling and preferably 1-9 or 1-7 twist.

xerts1191

Re: Looking for a trashed/destroyed AR barrel for project

Post by xerts1191 »

Hmmm
Hmmm