Oh no,...another Bubbafied AK

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Oh no,...another Bubbafied AK

Post by Suck My Glock »

I don't have pictures right now. Maybe I'll post some later. Its just too tragic to keep looking at.

A friend told me about a great deal on an ugly AK47 he picked up from a widow of a gundude who passed away. He had a whole storage unit of gun stuff, and he bought it all for pennies on the dollar. He was now checking to see if I wanted to buy any of it from him.

Weeeeellllllll, suuuuuurrrrrre. Let me throw some shoes on and roll on over there.

What had at one time been a Saiga, is now an abortion of a rifle. The finish from the receiver is all gone, as if rubbed away by steel wool. It had been a fixed stock receiver, but was (poorly) converted to an under-folder. And the barrel, trunnion, bolt and carrier are Romanian G series. Fortunately, they are all serialized together, so they probably headspace properly (?) He claimed he test-fired it and it works. But DAYUM, that thing just makes me cry.

I told him no one who knows what they're looking at is gonna buy that turd,...except for me,...at a ridiculously discounted price. I hate under-folders, but I can always justify another cheap under the bench seat truck AK. But I'm gonna see if I can un-phuk the thing and polish this turd.

I can understand building a rifle with a Romanian G kit. (Heck, there was a time back in 2006 when they were just $100 from J&G.) But why, dear Lord, would you take a Saiga receiver to do that? And WTF happened to the rest of it before sticking on the Romanian pieces? I almost want to have a seance with the dead departed so I can ask him WTF!

Suck My Glock

Re: Oh no,...another Bubbafied AK

Post by Suck My Glock »

Ok,...I couldn't just tease y'all like that without any photos.

omegaman

Re: Oh no,...another Bubbafied AK

Post by omegaman »

That's the nicest receiver I have ever seen used on a Romy G kit.