FedEx Is Being Pressured to Stop Shipping Parts & Tools for Ghost Guns

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

FedEx Is Being Pressured to Stop Shipping Parts & Tools for Ghost Guns

Post by Suck My Glock »

UPS buckled first, now FedEx looks to be next. However, insidiously, they're actions seek to deprive folks of any parts or tools as well.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/ake394/ ... rds-letter

“The restrictions on shipping gun parts doesn’t just affect privately-made firearms or what have been termed as ‘ghost guns,’” Oliva said. “These restrictions potentially have impacts on replacement parts, repair items, and accessories.”

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: FedEx Is Being Pressured to Stop Shipping Parts & Tools for Ghost Guns

Post by XJThrottle »

UPS is deep union liberal sht. FedEx isn't
baja

Post by baja »

Contact Fedex and encourage them to resist the pressure.
hudsguns

Post by hudsguns »

UPS & FedEx may not take the business, but USPS will.

"The operations manager of Grid Defense, a Florida company that specializes in AR-15-style receivers, told VICE News that they had $30,000 worth of products already out for delivery when they received the notice saying their packages could be seized and destroyed. The manager, who identified himself as TJ and declined to give a last name, said this week that they have since switched to using the U.S. Postal Service and business is back to normal."
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

Fedx now requires their drivers to take a photo of the person receiving their shipments drivers license.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Im already done with fed ex after they insisted that Primers and other hazmat has to be signature confirmation. I will make it my business to stay away from outfits that only offer fedex as their only shipping choice.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Cmoor wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 9:44 am Fedx now requires their drivers to take a photo of the person receiving their shipments drivers license.
Not entirely true. They use the barcode on the DL to verify name and age for packages shipped requiring adult signatures. If you don't want them to scan your DL barcode, you can tell them to enter the info manually. It is a time savings for the drivers so they can deliver more packages.

I find it funny that people are acting like this is some massive deep-state attempt to find out who is ordering whatever. So, the products you bought ON THE INTERNET with YOUR CREDIT CARD and shipped to YOUR HOUSE is all fine...no way for Big Brother to crack that code...but when a FedEx driver wants to use barcode on YOU STATE ISSUED ID to save some time, everyone freaks out. :roll:
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

QuietM4 wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 2:25 pm
Cmoor wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 9:44 am Fedx now requires their drivers to take a photo of the person receiving their shipments drivers license.
Not entirely true. They use the barcode on the DL to verify name and age for packages shipped requiring adult signatures. If you don't want them to scan your DL barcode, you can tell them to enter the info manually.
what info would they take manually. Your name or your DL number? Hadnt heard about this
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

First initial, last name, and date of birth. The same info they scan off the barcode on the DL.

Scanning a DL is nothing new...bars, night clubs, liquor stores have been doing it for years. The barcode is there to save time for police when they run an ID, but since it's there other business have been using the barcodes for age verification for quite a while. FedEx is just using it now as a time saver during delivery.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

QuietM4 wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 3:03 pm First initial, last name, and date of birth. The same info they scan off the barcode on the DL.

Scanning a DL is nothing new...bars, night clubs, liquor stores have been doing it for years. The barcode is there to save time for police when they run an ID, but since it's there other business have been using the barcodes for age verification for quite a while. FedEx is just using it now as a time saver during delivery.
I had no idea that was the information contained on the barcode. Damn I am old. I had no idea what it was for so thank you for the info.

Interesting that private businesses have taken to using it. Still they have to make provisions for Non DL owners so I still think I might be more comfortable just giving them the info instead of handing over my DL. Probably just an old person thing. Im still dragging my wife to paperless billing and online bill pay :mrgreen:
billdeserthills
Banned
Banned

Post by billdeserthills »

That's too bad, cause I'm never home when they drop off my packages
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

billdeserthills wrote: October 24th, 2022, 11:15 am

Problem is they are requiring signature confirmation for any hazmat so if your not home after so many tries it goes to the fedex hub.

I once had to drop off a rifle to my official fedex hub and it was a fair distance and pain in the arse.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

I have it all shipped to my work.
billdeserthills
Banned
Banned

Post by billdeserthills »

Boriqua wrote: October 24th, 2022, 11:44 am
billdeserthills wrote: October 24th, 2022, 11:15 am

Problem is they are requiring signature confirmation for any hazmat so if your not home after so many tries it goes to the fedex hub.

I once had to drop off a rifle to my official fedex hub and it was a fair distance and pain in the arse.

Since I closed my gun shop years ago, I already have a lifetime supply of gun-related stuff
srfnken
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by srfnken »

UPS new policy is you have to have a FFL and signed agreement with them for ANYTHING firearm related. A simple rail or grip shipment will need this. Fed Ex is going down that same road. Another way of gun control will be to stop all shipments of such items. Just saying