Working on some 20rd/10rd pmag for AR9 with Endo’s

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
Az_Gunner
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Working on some 20rd/10rd pmag for AR9 with Endo’s

Post by Az_Gunner »

I’ve had a ton come in the last few weeks and working on another set of 10 mags for a CommieFornia customer -

4 cmmg 20rd mags & one 10rd mag
4 ar15 20rd mags & one 10rd mag
Attachments
E593EC83-AAB8-4898-ABF1-C1458AE51A7A.jpeg

Desert_viper

Re: Working on some 20rd/10rd pmag for AR9 with Endo’s

Post by Desert_viper »

Are they having issues with the endomags?
Az_Gunner

Post by Az_Gunner »

None so far that I’ve done - I have a dozen I use myself, and not an issue
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I set up my CMMG Banshee with Endomags and haven't had a single misfeed in thousands of rounds. They provide nice long and easy guide angle compared to other feed ramps in other 9mm guns and reliably eats every hollowpoint design I've fed it. The only malfunctions I've ever experienced were all traced to either extractor or ejector issues,...and that hasn't been many.

I originally wanted to use Uzi/Colt mags, but already had a standard AR15 receiver on hand. CMMG didn't have an Uzi/Colt mag version at the time back in 2018. I didn't want to go the Glock mag route, so I went with the Endos as an interim,...intending to switch to an Uzi/Colt conversion once I learned what modifications would be involved. But I've been so completely happy with the feed reliability of the Endomag, I'm not gonna bother switching. I'm sticking with it just the way it is.
Az_Gunner

Post by Az_Gunner »

The earlier versions had some feeding issues with the face of the bolt catching on the ejection tabs of the standard inserts - they posted a video talking about the break-in period for it, which was basically using the bolt to grind down the top tabs of the insert - instead of that, I filed a hair of the tab till the bolt face cleared it - from what I’ve noticed doing tons of these conversions, with the newer inserts, endo ended up making the profile lower on those tabs to combat the issue

Here’s a few more I sent out recently

Image[/img]
Attachments
60891B47-79CE-4153-B444-6BE06B89AFA1.jpeg