Biden's "ghost gun" dictate

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Biden's "ghost gun" dictate

Post by Suck My Glock »

So I haven't bothered to read the dictate, but as I understand it, only the full and complete kits for making a gun are what is being dictated, yes? Nothing prevents me from still ordering a trigger or guide rod by itself without conducting a background check, right? So as far as I am aware, I can still order all the pieces I need to make a weapon, I just can't order them all together as a package. So if I order a Glock slide from over here, the 80% frame from over there, the barrel from the gun show for cash, the interior bits from my buddy next door,...I am still able to make my own "ghost gun" on the sly. Yes?
Last edited by Suck My Glock on April 11th, 2022, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Biden's "ghost gun" dictate

Post by XJThrottle »

The way I read it was the kit had to be able to produce a complete firearm. The only ones I knew of that did that we Polymer80's "pistol in a box" kits that have long been removed from the shelves. An AR "builder kit" from PSA won't produce a firearm with what's in the box.
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

Far as i recall there was some paper or something written awhile ago prohibiting individuals being restricted from building their own weapons and another mentioning something about a particular body being the one to create laws and not an individual
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Lobo2087 wrote: April 11th, 2022, 7:14 pm Far as i recall there was some paper or something written awhile ago prohibiting individuals being restricted from building their own weapons and another mentioning something about a particular body being the one to create laws and not an individual
Hmm...ATF following the laws.. that would be a first...
The second would be a democrat...