AR-15 builder in Phoenix

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
Kromnate
New to ArizonaShooting.org

AR-15 builder in Phoenix

Post by Kromnate »

Can anyone recommend someone in the Phoenix area that can assemble an AR-15 upper and lower. I have all the parts and just need it assembled properly. I not looking for someone that has done is once or twice out of their garage but someone that can do it professionally to proper spec. I would prefer someone in the west valley but if need be, I could drive to other areas of the valley. Thanks for any recommendations.

QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: AR-15 builder in Phoenix

Post by QuietM4 »

Are you mechanically inclined? It's pretty easy, and you can buy the tools for what a gunsmith will charge you to assemble it for you.
Kromnate

Post by Kromnate »

Not really looking to do it myself. As stated, I want it assembled to a professional standard. While I’m pretty mechanically inclined, an AR armorer, I am not.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

It's your money, spend it how you wish. But, by assembling it yourself you will gain valuable knowledge of how to fix it later when parts needs replacing or upgrading.
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

You ever get around Florence, I’ll show you how to do it, not difficult, especially since I have the tools.
Got trained on building them at the NFTTU in Benning many years ago, and I’ve done more than a few.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Seriously, just go buy an already complete upper and lower and be done, then sell the unassembled parts to recoup some costs. All the time and money you're going to spend looking for someone to do a simple assembly job is ridiculous. Honestly, I don't know why folks buy things they don't have the skills to complete, but then insist on a "professional" job.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Last edited by kenpoprofessor on December 9th, 2021, 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Theres that toad guy. Hes a professional. Lol
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

good luck, plenty of assemblers here on site, might be prudent to hook up so to speak and learn assembly, learning assembly and function will assist in any issues that come up with platform during shooting or otherwise, pretty simple if one follows protolcal , but as noted if one does not want that direction, then by all means reach out to someone here who offers and go with it..

not sure why some here wanna make you wanting a armorer, to do it for you, one has to do what works for them, and screw the others.
Rj
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Although I wouldn't consider assembling an AR "gunsmithing", does Tombstone offer any service?
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

Seriously, loaded up on beer and fentanyl I can assemble a fully functional Armalite rifle in less than an hour, and I have an intellect of a beaver.
I'm in Tucson, but I'd do it for beer if you were nearby.
Kromnate

Post by Kromnate »

Thank you to those that gave positive responses. Just to further explain, a big part of why I don’t want to build it myself is because I don’t currently have a shop, garage, or similar working area with my current living situation. I’ve tried to many gun projects on my couch and have regretted it after parts got lost and/or I assembled something wrong because I didn’t have the proper set up. While I do want to learn more about armoring AR-15s, I am decently knowledgeable about repair and parts replacements on AR-15s and have done so in the past.

Thanks for the offer gunslinger808. Florence is a little bit of a haul but if I can do it I, appreciate your offer.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Kromnate wrote: December 9th, 2021, 7:16 am Thank you to those that gave positive responses. Just to further explain, a big part of why I don’t want to build it myself is because I don’t currently have a shop, garage, or similar working area with my current living situation. I’ve tried to many gun projects on my couch and have regretted it after parts got lost and/or I assembled something wrong because I didn’t have the proper set up. While I do want to learn more about armoring AR-15s, I am decently knowledgeable about repair and parts replacements on AR-15s and have done so in the past.

Thanks for the offer gunslinger808. Florence is a little bit of a haul but if I can do it I, appreciate your offer.

So, why did you even buy these parts instead of buying something complete if you had no intention of doing the work yourself? That just don't make sense if you didn't have anyone in mind to put it together for you and are now looking for someone "qualified" to take responsibility. Many of us here have thrown together countless ARs, and Glocks for that matter. Do you even know what "spec" is???

Clyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

brian10x wrote: December 9th, 2021, 7:00 am Seriously, loaded up on beer and fentanyl I can assemble a fully functional Armalite rifle in less than an hour, and I have an intellect of a beaver.
I'm in Tucson, but I'd do it for beer if you were nearby.
LOL, Years ago, I learned to build computers from using a computer :mrgreen: . I have learned most everything I know about guns online, and learned sometimes, there's a few "tricks" that never got enough attention to make through search algorithms. I had no idea that the gas ring on the recoil rod would cause my PTR to cycle incorrectly and jam up. It took me weeks to find the cause, and then another couple to find out how to change the damn thing. My diligence paid off, it was a few cents for the gas ring and two pins holding the head to keep the spring captive.

Clyde
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

I tried Kenpo once. Got stuck in my throat and I had to get my ho b**** to come round the back and give me the heimlich maneuver.
I try to take smaller bites when I eat Kenpo now. That and copious amounts of lard based alcohol.