Need An Engraver

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
Cbvanb
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Need An Engraver

Post by Cbvanb »

A few years ago a friend had a special rifle stolen and some of us are chipping in and replacing it. There was some text engraved on top of the barrel that we need to duplicate. It's a fairly straightforward job, but it's engraved not etched. The font was a basic block style, and fairly deep. If anyone could recommend an engraver who could duplicate this style I'd appreciate it. Tucson is preferable but I can get to Phoenix if necessary.

Doc
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Need An Engraver

Post by Doc »

Cbvanb wrote: May 18th, 2021, 12:19 pm A few years ago a friend had a special rifle stolen and some of us are chipping in and replacing it. There was some text engraved on top of the barrel that we need to duplicate. It's a fairly straightforward job, but it's engraved not etched. The font was a basic block style, and fairly deep. If anyone could recommend an engraver who could duplicate this style I'd appreciate it. Tucson is preferable but I can get to Phoenix if necessary.
@Cbvanb I used them back in 2011. Called to make sure they could do the work. Guy said he had a guy for “hand engraving” not laser. I was sure to ask specifically about lasers.

In Phoenix, prob give the fellow a call. Speak up, he’s an older fellow.

Stoney Mountain Gun Repair
835 N 43rd Ave Suite 110, Phoenix, AZ 85009
(602) 237-3117
https://goo.gl/maps/ni2YVMfR2axi5vWp8
Cbvanb

Post by Cbvanb »

DevilDocAZ wrote: May 18th, 2021, 12:49 pm
Cbvanb wrote: May 18th, 2021, 12:19 pm A few years ago a friend had a special rifle stolen and some of us are chipping in and replacing it. There was some text engraved on top of the barrel that we need to duplicate. It's a fairly straightforward job, but it's engraved not etched. The font was a basic block style, and fairly deep. If anyone could recommend an engraver who could duplicate this style I'd appreciate it. Tucson is preferable but I can get to Phoenix if necessary.
@Cbvanb I used them back in 2011. Called to make sure they could do the work. Guy said he had a guy for “hand engraving” not laser. I was sure to ask specifically about lasers.

In Phoenix, prob give the fellow a call. Speak up, he’s an older fellow.

Stoney Mountain Gun Repair
835 N 43rd Ave Suite 110, Phoenix, AZ 85009
(602) 237-3117
https://goo.gl/maps/ni2YVMfR2axi5vWp8
Thank-you!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Let us know how it turns out.