Another Blast Deflector Option

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
azdover
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Another Blast Deflector Option

Post by azdover »

If you're looking for some kind of blast deflector or linear comp for your latest AR pistol build, here's one that's fairly simple, works with a the standard birdcage flash hider, and won't break the bank. Found it on the Thordsen Customs website - the BD-180 Blast Deflector. It goes over a regular A1 or A2 birdcage and requires a special socket to mount it, but Thordsen can sell you the deflector and tool together for a price that's less than or equal most linear comps. Doesn't claim to be any kind of ninja super silencer, just a good bang for the buck (see what I did there? :lol:) basic blast deflector. Worked as advertised on my latest 10.5" build.

Pete

Hammer 35

Re: Another Blast Deflector Option

Post by Hammer 35 »

I can see how that'd work pretty well. I could go in for one of those if I finally get off my duff and start my next build. I'm thinking a shorty of some kind. I already have a spare lower for it!
Hammer 35

Re: Another Blast Deflector Option

Post by Hammer 35 »

They run about $30 it looks like. That's not bad at all!

I'm tempted to pick one up for my 18".

They're under AR pistol accessories on their website. Took me a minute to find it. It'll definitely help with a blasty 5.56 pistol for sure.