10mm AR

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

10mm AR

Post by knockonit »

well now has anyone assembled one, and issues if any, personal experiences only, not interested in the other brother by another mothers experiences or your uncles aunt. :roll:
thanks all
Rj

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: 10mm AR

Post by XJThrottle »

No experience in 10. I'm looking at doing a 9 with Glock mags.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

XJThrottle wrote: November 29th, 2020, 9:04 pm No experience in 10. I'm looking at doing a 9 with Glock mags.
i assembled two, one with colt mags and one with glock mags, both function quite well, couple things, need to make sure of buffer length, they offer a 4 inch unit that assists in not fubaring the trigger and bolt catch on recoil return, and spring, or u can add a spacer, several compansies make them, only found this out in last few days, as my .45 acp assemblance, fubared a buffer tube, detent ect, due to recoil. so ordered some spacers, and soon will tell wtf will happen next.

10 mm is suggesting a 8-10 oz buffer and tuff arse spring, we will see, problem is finding a barrel lenght i want, seems everybody wants to build pistol size carbines, not me want something a little longer.
happy monday
Rj
lostdog99

Post by lostdog99 »

If I did a PCC I would go with a 10mm also. When you have a finished product that you are happy with I would be interested in the details of the build and how to solve the problems.
Thank you
lostdog99

Post by lostdog99 »

If I did a PCC I would go with a 10mm also. When you have a finished product that you are happy with I would be interested in the details of the build and how to solve the problems.
Thank you
Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

There is/was a company doing a short DI system for those, would definitely prefer to have a locking breech to reduce how much weight is bouncing back and forth. Using an RDB setup from CMMG would help too