Ahlman's Inc.

Discuss work on firearms; whether that is making yours from the ground up, milling an 80%, putting together a kit, or fine tuning a trigger job.
getsum
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Ahlman's Inc.

Post by getsum »

A neighbor has an old Savage model 170 .30-30 pump rifle that his father gave him but he couldn't get the pump to cycle. Brings it over to me and I see that the cartridge stop screw is missing. He proceeds to ask if I could fix it of course.

First stop, Numrich. Exploded view of the diagram is accurate and I order the part. Wrong part...give them a call and they proceed to send me another part...wrong again. So I call Savage and they lead me to this place called Ahlman's Inc. Now, this may not be any new information for many of you but it was to me.

Upon calling them I could tell by the gentleman's voice that he was up in his years, much like myself, and knew right away what part was required to fix the rifle and they had it in stock. At the end of the day an old rifle is up and running again.

Just an FYI for anyone who is unfamiliar with this company.

https://www.ahlmans.com/

kenpoprofessor

Re: Ahlman's Inc.

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Ooooooh, good information, thank you

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

yip, i just started a thread trying to remember numrichs and another joint, dammed if i can remember, dangit, you betcha good info
Rj
getsum

Post by getsum »

I will make one of your get togethers one day. Frick'n chemo has been kick'n my you know what for awhile.

Take care Rick....