Soft loops holsters

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Soft loops holsters

Post by Pro2a »

I'm looking for recommendations for a good soft loops AIWB holster, in your experience.
In doing some research, I've read that the old school guys and many LEO personnel use (or have used) soft loops. Many say that soft loops retain better, while offering some amount of flexibility and "give," cantwise.
I have gone through a few AIWB holsters with clips. For me, clips get in the way of the buckle, of where I want to have it, or I just haven't found exactly how to execute the proper clip position.
While not being so fat anymore, this video gave me hope in trying a last ditch effort for an AIWB holster. The only part I don't understand is how he says it rides lower, so how does it not dig more when sitting?
I think this guy does an impressive job of an expedient job of drawing around his sizeable "fat guy" gut.....

Boriqua

Re: Soft loops holsters

Post by Boriqua »

Pro2a wrote: August 18th, 2020, 2:19 pm I'm looking for recommendations for a good soft loops AIWB holster, in your experience.
In doing some research, I've read that the old school guys and many LEO personnel use (or have used) soft loops. Many say that soft loops retain better, while offering some amount of flexibility and "give," cantwise.
I have gone through a few AIWB holsters with clips. For me, clips get in the way of the buckle, of where I want to have it, or I just haven't found exactly how to execute the proper clip position.
While not being so fat anymore, this video gave me hope in trying a last ditch effort for an AIWB holster. The only part I don't understand is how he says it rides lower, so how does it not dig more when sitting?
I think this guy does an impressive job of an expedient job of drawing around his sizeable "fat guy" gut.....

Why not just add some loops or a loop to a holster you currently have?
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

I prefer flexible loops over stiff clips every time. Much more comfortable.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Boriqua wrote: August 18th, 2020, 5:37 pm Why not just add some loops or a loop to a holster you currently have?
I'd say how easy is it, but you could probably do it with your eyes closed...
But the real answer is, I sent them back.
All I have now is 3 o'clock holsters for the full sizes I have.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

AZ Husker wrote: August 18th, 2020, 6:51 pm I prefer flexible loops over stiff clips every time. Much more comfortable.
Well, 8 weeks later my soft loops AIWB holster came, and I don't see how its any more comfortable.
I have the loops in the lowest hole to make it ride higher, and the shell is still the shell- By that I mean it still jams itself into my gut or groin. And even though the lowest possible hole would make it ride the highest, I still can't get a half assed grip to draw, something I would consider important in an emergency situation.
It should be termed FnAIWB, I'm done with this bullspit
Yes I've searched the internet for how to's
Pics for posterity

At least with this Bravo Concealment Torsion and my chunky 320, I can get a reliable grip that I feel confident with. Used to not be my favorite, but when they sell 2 pack combos for $52, I don't hate them.

This at 3 oclock is quite comfortable...

Overall though, I'm just getting to the point where IWB is not for me, I've tried them all.
I don't even carry much, I just needed to vent. Shooting in general can go F itself today