Plate carriers!!

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
Clickoops
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Plate carriers!!

Post by Clickoops »

any of you guys that go play GI joe with your gear im looking for input.

Ive got a TAC rig (it was free) and its garbage. Ive got AR500 plates
Im looking for something with some minor padding or structure and/or built to accept kevlar inserts as well.
Id like to keep my s*** on my rig and not have to use an LBV. Couple mags, IFAK, Tqit, little stuff

It would be nice to have a way to get it off without the huge velcro cumberbund BS

Thanks!!

TacoTime

Re: Plate carriers!!

Post by TacoTime »

most plate carriers can change the cumberbund to have the quick release tech thats out right now. Im currently looking at the shellback banshee 3.0
freefly

Post by freefly »

Lots of options out there, but if you want a high-quality traditional-style PC, then I'd look at LBT. They have different sizes/colors and quick-release options. They can also can make them for swimmer-cut plates on request. Wait for the sales, though, as they are not cheap otherwise. YMMV...
Clickoops

Post by Clickoops »

k im taking notes
Gunslinger55

Post by Gunslinger55 »

velocity systems makes good s***. And plates......
Medjay

Post by Medjay »

Gunslinger55 wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 1:05 pm velocity systems makes good s***. And plates......
This ^^^^^^^^^^

The following are also worth looking at and can be sourced used usually at a discount:
Crye
Spiritus
Hesco
Ferro Concepts

There's a local group of PHX guys on IG called @peace.n.violence that test and talk kit and gear all the time. They also sell some pretty quality used gear as well.
tobylazur

Post by tobylazur »

Medjay wrote: August 19th, 2020, 2:00 pm
Gunslinger55 wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 1:05 pm velocity systems makes good s***. And plates......
This ^^^^^^^^^^

The following are also worth looking at and can be sourced used usually at a discount:
Crye
Spiritus
Hesco
Ferro Concepts

There's a local group of PHX guys on IG called @peace.n.violence that test and talk kit and gear all the time. They also sell some pretty quality used gear as well.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to check those guys out.
dread_scott

Post by dread_scott »

If you want to keep it local, ar500 armor has a couple that doesnt have a big cumberbund (although i think most do).

Tyr tactical i believe has some plate carriers, theyre pricey and unsure how many different options.

Also redwire gear has a molle panel thing (cant remember the name) that can snap or velcro onto carriers that holds your stuff. With that you can put different loads on that part and use multiple setups with one plate carrier. Examples ar mags, ak mags, .308 mags etc would go on the redwire gear piece, then attach whichever you need that day onto your plate carrier.
tlieberman240

Post by tlieberman240 »

Medjay wrote: August 19th, 2020, 2:00 pm
This ^^^^^^^^^^

Crye
Spiritus
Hesco
Ferro Concepts
Hell yes. I run Spiritus LV119 and Hesco plates. Couldn't be happier.
Clickoops

Post by Clickoops »

AZ1182 wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 10:46 am I thank god everyday that I have ESAPI plates and not AR500.

But for those wanting to AR500, nothing like giving the bad guy positive feedback that he's hitting you exactly where he's aiming, and to aim a bit higher or lower.
if this ever becomes a valid concern IRL ....I feel the wearer may have other more pressing matters to attend to in that moment :lol:
meeneen

Post by meeneen »

Following for ideas. I want to get a carrier and plates but I don’t even know where to start. Lol
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

AZ1182 wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 10:46 am I thank god everyday that I have ESAPI plates and not AR500.

But for those wanting to AR500, nothing like giving the bad guy positive feedback that he's hitting you exactly where he's aiming, and to aim a bit higher or lower.
Yeah, because everyone stands still after getting shot at and/or shot
Vyadmirer

Post by Vyadmirer »

I really doubt the sound of the incoming rounds smacking you in the chest is in the top 10 of concerns at that point.

To stay on topic... I have a firstspear stt that is awesome. Light weight and has tubes for the cummerbund. Be careful when looking at them as they have two models, one only fits their specialty plates and the other is for normal plates.
Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

Rock Hardson wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 9:22 pm

Yeah, because everyone stands still after getting shot at and/or shot
Yup, apparently someone thinks a plate in a carrier is gonna ring like a gong and the shooter is gonna hear that over a 155dB gunshot. Then again, I'm not some HSLD operator rocking a D60 drum on an Anderson SBR so I'll defer to the eggspurts 😄
Heominhon
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Heominhon »

First Spear STT is pretty good, light weight, quick access that doesn’t involve velcro. And it’s First Spear quality.