Good Quality Camo for AZ

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Good Quality Camo for AZ

Post by Suck My Glock »

For the low land areas of the state, I like the German desert flecktarn surplus camo. For the greener and wetter lush northern parts of the state, the old Vietnam era Tiger Stripe works amazingly well, even though this is not a jungle.

But as others have said,...as long as you stay still and in the shade of vegetation,...you almost don't need any camo. I've found it more useful for remaining unseen by other hunters or wandering humans that I'd rather not have encounters with. If you hunt within 50 miles of the border, this can be important. More than a few times I've happened upon frisky lovers getting it on in the middle of the forest, believing no one was around there "in the middle of nowhere". People forget just because it isn't hunting season yet, doesn't mean we aren't out there pre-scouting weeks before opening day.

Hammer 35

Post by Hammer 35 »

Good to know I don't particularly need to worry about picking up new cammies after moving here from the Midwest.

All my stuffs OD green or variations thereof.
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

I have had good luck both with animals and people mixing my camoflauge. Like desert top and woodland bottomm or vice versa. I find I am more apt to see a shape or form if it is same color all around but the difference in break up when half is one color from other half is substantial to me

Most of my stuff comes from goodwill now. I have located some high dollar stuff there