Best Gun Belt I’ve found

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
TacMedic
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Best Gun Belt I’ve found

Post by TacMedic »

Years ago I kept going through belts to try to find on that supported my firearm well (OWB carry both gun and 2 mags) and I was continually disappointed, even with good leather belts. Sagging always “got me down”.

It was around that time that alien gear holster‘s came out with their first belt that had a metal insert. It was not cheap but I decided to get one. it was the last belt I’ve purchased, and it’s been about 4 years now.

I was recently looking for the belt again, to see if I wanted to get a slimmer one for dress slacks. It was then I found that they don’t make them anymore, but another company has taken over. Luckily, alien gear had a link on the website to find them, it looks like it’s the same belt that I already purchased.

Just my recommendation for a belt because the metal insert has made it an excellent choice for support. The durability has made the cost worth it. It was $60 when I purchased it, looks like they’re up to about $73.

https://gunbelts.com/

AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Best Gun Belt I’ve found

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Ouch! That's pricey, but it looks like quality. They have some other nice-looking belts other than leather that still have the steel core too. I might just grab one of those. Thanks for the recommendation!
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

AZ_Five56 wrote: April 12th, 2020, 8:27 pm Ouch! That's pricey, but it looks like quality. They have some other nice-looking belts other than leather that still have the steel core too. I might just grab one of those. Thanks for the recommendation!
Honestly it was worth every penny.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

TacMedic wrote: April 12th, 2020, 8:44 pm
AZ_Five56 wrote: April 12th, 2020, 8:27 pm Ouch! That's pricey, but it looks like quality. They have some other nice-looking belts other than leather that still have the steel core too. I might just grab one of those. Thanks for the recommendation!
Honestly it was worth every penny.
It stung a little, but I just pulled the trigger on the tactical EDC belt. Can't wait till it comes in. Thanks again!
azatty480

Post by azatty480 »

I got one from Zach's Gun Belts. Great quality. Similar pricing, but definitely worth it. He custom builds them and offers a lot of options. The one I had before was from a larger belt maker and it eventually wore out. I got the current belt from Zach's in 2014 and it is still in great shape. Highly recommended.

http://www.zachsgunbelts.com/gun_belts.html
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

I’m in need of a good belt, I like both of these options. Thanks for posting. Honestly I’ve had cheap belts and you really do get what you pay for so yeah 75-100 bucks might feel like a lot but your going to get 2-3 times or more the life out of it compared to a cheap belt .
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

rockbronco wrote: May 4th, 2020, 8:38 pm I’m in need of a good belt, I like both of these options. Thanks for posting. Honestly I’ve had cheap belts and you really do get what you pay for so yeah 75-100 bucks might feel like a lot but your going to get 2-3 times or more the life out of it compared to a cheap belt .
My Bigfoot Tactical EDC belt came in, and I absolutely love it! It looks more modern than a lot of other gun belts out there, and it has a Cobra brand buckle, so you don't have to undo your belt to drop your pants. You can quickly latch and unlatch it. I highly recommend checking them out.
Twobadazbrothers

Post by Twobadazbrothers »

Best belt I found on ebay was the $30 belt company it's been the best belt I've ever bought being fat and finding a good belt is almost impossible till I found this guy's I got me a black and a brown belt I guarantee you will be happy doesn't fold over and after 3yrs they are in great shape
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

AZ_Five56 wrote: May 4th, 2020, 8:46 pm
rockbronco wrote: May 4th, 2020, 8:38 pm I’m in need of a good belt, I like both of these options. Thanks for posting. Honestly I’ve had cheap belts and you really do get what you pay for so yeah 75-100 bucks might feel like a lot but your going to get 2-3 times or more the life out of it compared to a cheap belt .
My Bigfoot Tactical EDC belt came in, and I absolutely love it! It looks more modern than a lot of other gun belts out there, and it has a Cobra brand buckle, so you don't have to undo your belt to drop your pants. You can quickly latch and unlatch it. I highly recommend checking them out.
That feature is what I like about that brand. I hate constantly adjusting my belt each time
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

I just run a riggers belt.
guardyan_angyl

Post by guardyan_angyl »

Personally I am a fan of wilderness tactical belts. Located locally in Phoenix.
redj

Post by redj »

I bought a steel lined belt off eBay for $40 and it works good.
I have had it for over a year and it works as good now as it did when it was new.
It looks and holds the holster just as good as any other gun belt.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I purchased mine from Ebay also.
It was about the same price. Probably the same belt.
Mine is 3 years old now and still holding up just fine.
I have worn it every day since I purchased it.
It was from daltechforce and is hand made in America out of bull hide leather with a steel core.
They have several options.
I have been very satisfied with mine.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Not TSA friendly, unfortunately. I like to wear the same belt every day, carrying a gun or not. That steel insert is a good idea, but not if you find yourself walking through magnetometers often.
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

QuietM4 wrote: May 6th, 2020, 8:57 pm Not TSA friendly, unfortunately. I like to wear the same belt every day, carrying a gun or not. That steel insert is a good idea, but not if you find yourself walking through magnetometers often.
I wear it and always remove my belt with my shoes for the “TSA Security Theater”. Usually my buckled set them off anyway so I still had to remove them before this belt. 🤷🏼‍♂️