Best Gun Belt I’ve found

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Best Gun Belt I’ve found

Post by QuietM4 »

TacMedic wrote: May 6th, 2020, 11:47 pm
QuietM4 wrote: May 6th, 2020, 8:57 pm Not TSA friendly, unfortunately. I like to wear the same belt every day, carrying a gun or not. That steel insert is a good idea, but not if you find yourself walking through magnetometers often.
I wear it and always remove my belt with my shoes for the “TSA Security Theater”. Usually my buckled set them off anyway so I still had to remove them before this belt. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I have TSA Pre...I don't have take anything off.

curt1950
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by curt1950 »

The best belt for carry I've found yet is the Kore brand. Its nice and stiff and will adjust 1/4" at a time.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

AZ_Five56 wrote: May 4th, 2020, 8:46 pm My Bigfoot Tactical EDC belt came in, and I absolutely love it! It looks more modern than a lot of other gun belts out there, and it has a Cobra brand buckle, so you don't have to undo your belt to drop your pants. You can quickly latch and unlatch it. I highly recommend checking them out.
Nice.

Do you have a link to that? If not I can use my google fu. :dance:
guardyan_angyl

Post by guardyan_angyl »

Cubiclerevolt wrote: May 11th, 2020, 9:54 pm
AZ_Five56 wrote: May 4th, 2020, 8:46 pm My Bigfoot Tactical EDC belt came in, and I absolutely love it! It looks more modern than a lot of other gun belts out there, and it has a Cobra brand buckle, so you don't have to undo your belt to drop your pants. You can quickly latch and unlatch it. I highly recommend checking them out.
Nice.

Do you have a link to that? If not I can use my google fu. :dance:
https://gunbelts.com/

Guessing it’s this one?
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

^ I Found it as soon as I saw it.
kptaylor

Post by kptaylor »

QuietM4 wrote: May 7th, 2020, 8:33 am
QuietM4 wrote: May 6th, 2020, 8:57 pm Not TSA friendly, unfortunately. I like to wear the same belt every day, carrying a gun or not. That steel insert is a good idea, but not if you find yourself walking through magnetometers often.
I wear it and always remove my belt with my shoes for the “TSA Security Theater”. Usually my buckled set them off anyway so I still had to remove them before this belt. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If it alarms the metal detector you will... A belt with a metal reinforcement will probably set it off. A thick leather gun belt probably won't.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I've got THIS ONE with polymer inserts and a titanium buckle, which magically doesn't set off metal detectors.

They're located here in Phoenix, too.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Anyone carry the wilderness Tactical on the east side. Yea .. I know .. not much out on the east side but I would like to get a new belt and would like to try one on and not drive 45 miles one way .. but .. Maybe I will take the trip.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Boriqua wrote: May 15th, 2020, 8:45 am Anyone carry the wilderness Tactical on the east side. Yea .. I know .. not much out on the east side but I would like to get a new belt and would like to try one on and not drive 45 miles one way .. but .. Maybe I will take the trip.
It'd be worth it. :D
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

if open they will make what you want while you wait, i have several and don't hardly ever wear anything else unless its a suit, which is rare, but i have a leather gun belt for it. so to speak.

wilderness, only way to go in my opinion and local biz
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

Hank's spring steel core belts. I can carry anything strapped to my belt that I need to.

Only problem with Hank's belts is that the thickness might cause you to modify a holster or two to so they belt can fit the slots.
Chris_Y

Post by Chris_Y »

Ares Ranger with Cobra buckle for me. It's $$ but been running it for a little over 7 years and still functions just as it did when new.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I just picked up two belts. The first was a leather steel core from
https://www.daltechforce.com/collection ... -core-belt

Wow .. what a hunk of belt and I thought a bargain at the price. The belt is basically a hoop that lives around your waist and I cant see what you would hang from it that would make it uncomfortable and its really sharp looking so it doesnt scream tacticool. Just looks like a really really nice belt. Shipping was included and they throw coupons and specials now and again. They just had 10% off for the independence day weekend.

I have paid $60 and more for regular ol belts when i worked outside the home. Nice deal and great belt .. I like it so much I bought a Wilderness 5 stitch on ebay to use when I play near water or am crawling around fixing bikes.

If you dont mind waiting, ebay has some good deals on lightly used wilderness belts. The one I got doesnt look like it was ever used and I got it for under $40 shipped. It looked like it came from the shop!

With America growing fast I guess people outgrow them and then sell them off. The wilderness is nice but I can still get some bobble at the holster since I prefer OWB holsters. There is zero bobble with the daltech and I tend to carry heavy guns. Where the wilderness shines is in the micro adjustability, it is a bit more comfortable due to being much more flexible and if you get it used its fairly inexpensive and does a far better job of holding your stuff up than a walmart belt.

At full price though ... I think its about $55 and at that cost ... even though the daltech is 10 bucks more .. they are not in the same class in looks or in gear holding ability but much of it depends on your lifestyle.

Edited to add
The Daltech didnt seem to have any type of sealer. I am glad it didnt have some acrylic but it does seem that left naked it may get stained. I would recommend a good paste wax before I started using it regular. I make my own but it did seem to get sucked right in on my first pass so I buffed and did another pass. Makes the leather look even sweeter and will help against regular water dropplets and sweat some.
Flash

Post by Flash »

kptaylor wrote: May 13th, 2020, 10:32 am
QuietM4 wrote: May 7th, 2020, 8:33 am

If it alarms the metal detector you will... A belt with a metal reinforcement will probably set it off. A thick leather gun belt probably won't.
No you won't. I wear my Wilderness belt through TSA metal detector and never have to take it or anything else off. I travel between 6 and 10 flights a year and have for around 25 years. Had problems before Pre-Check but smooth sailing since I got it 7 or 8 years ago.