Beware of clone knives and optics!!!

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
needsmostuff
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Beware of clone knives and optics!!!

Post by needsmostuff »

Fight the other Chinese infection.
Just kind of a heads up to the knife and optic loving guys that like to shop on line or used.
Most of us know this stuff is possible but they really upped the game lately ,,,,, and nobody is looking.
Now days there is a plethora of imitation imported knives cloning almost EVERY high end knife made.
You name it Benchmade, Microtech, buck , Gerber ,Boker, Kershaw , Sog all have cheaper lookalikes around. They do not even have to have a high price tag to be cloneable . Even a $40 Ontario is fair game.
In days gone by the unscrupulous changed something to avoid copyright problems but now they strive for accuracy. Trademark stamps, etching , even boxes with fake warranty info.
Amazon is thick with this stuff as are pawn shops and the like. There are some web sites you can order direct from China and easily be set up to sell at the gun shows or craigslist .
The Only defense is to study the knife you want and do some homework. Do a online search for fake (enter knife name) and most have tips.
All the above also applies too Optics these days , All The red dot systems and many of the higher end scopes are copied Aimpoint, Eotech, Leupold ,Trijicon all of them.

Food for thought.

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search ... s&catalog=
https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search ... oSimilar=1
https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search ... e&catalog=

shooter444

Re: Beware of clone knives and optics!!!

Post by shooter444 »

I stopped buying anything from China, a couple years ago. I get snookered every once in awhile, they can be sneaky, but, I try to do my best!
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Amazon vendors are full of Chinese knock-offs, ask me how I know, finally given up and just buy direct from the companies themselves, live and learn!
Flash

Post by Flash »

I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and to the best of my knowledge have never gotten a counterfeit.

Everything works perfectly and lasts like it should.
DeputyDan
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by DeputyDan »

if you are looking for knives check out Ravenscrest Tactical in Mesa, AZ. It is a great store. Great warranty and great knives.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

If you buy something online and it is shipped from China you can pretty much bet the farm it is a fake.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Flash wrote: April 9th, 2020, 1:23 pm I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and to the best of my knowledge have never gotten a counterfeit.
Most of the stuff you'll get from Amazon will be fine, but some people are selling counterfeits. I wouldn't be as concerned if it's being sold by Amazon or by a vendor that you're already familiar with, but if you don't recognize them, better safe than sorry.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I stopped trusting Amazon for certain things...like watches and optics. There are so many counterfeits out there that get swapped and returned to Amazon, then put back on the shelves and re-sold to unknowing customers. Amazon employees wouldn't know a fake ACOG or Aimpoint from a real one.

I had to buy/return an Aimpoint Pro twice because I got a fake twice from Amazon. Third time it was real.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

QuietM4 wrote: April 9th, 2020, 10:10 pm There are so many counterfeits out there that get swapped and returned to Amazon, then put back on the shelves and re-sold to unknowing customers. Amazon employees wouldn't know a fake ACOG or Aimpoint from a real one.
Yeah, I have gotten counterfeits or even a completely different item buying used on Amazon. As you said, Amazon employees can't tell the difference, so they just restock it. How many people are out there scamming Amazon that this is a common occurrence now?
Aroundtheworld06

Post by Aroundtheworld06 »

Now more than ever I am avoiding the China products. Been trying to save up and purchase good quality American! Medford knifes are amazing and local! The are built like tanks and will last longer than we will.
semperfisurveyor

Post by semperfisurveyor »

Aroundtheworld06 wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 12:48 pm Now more than ever I am avoiding the China products. Been trying to save up and purchase good quality American! Medford knifes are amazing and local! The are built like tanks and will last longer than we will.
I’m a big fan of Medford knife and tool products as well! Served with him in Desert Shield and Desert Storm...good man and excellent knife maker - a true Patriot!

He has some choice videos on his website addressing clones and copies that he has encountered from eBay and Amazon on the secondary market. The Commies are evil, thieving lying bastards for certain.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

semperfisurveyor wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 1:09 pm ...The Commies are evil, thieving lying bastards for certain.
Absolutely! They are completely awful, and they want to see the US fail. More and more, I question every dollar I spend on anything that comes from China. Ultimately, we're propping up an evil Communist regime if we choose to buy from them.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Mooremaker in Texas makes some quality knives