Watches

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
mtptwo
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Watches

Post by mtptwo »

Not overly expensive, but give the Seiko Solar line a gander. The come in everything from dress, to dive, to military, so easy to find what you're looking for.

tdog90yj

Post by tdog90yj »

Depending on your tastes there is the seiko automatics. Or drop 70$ on a gshock and never think about it again. I went with the middle route for my EDC of a gshock ga100 it is an analog gshock.
billyd
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by billyd »

I have a citizen eco drive and I like it just fine I also wear many others some of the rollex watches and I have a G shock that I like to wear also. So there are many choices out there but I must say the eco drive is a nice watch very classy looking also
Java Junkie
Banned
Banned

Post by Java Junkie »

My every day watch is a digital G-shock. They run forever.
I have several analog watches. The only problem with analog is they use up batteries like crazy. I would put a battery in and only wear it a couple times then go to use it and it's dead.
I solved the dead battery problem by pulling the crown and stopping the watch when it is not in use. When I want to wear it I just reset it and voila. Batteries last infinitely longer.
Medjay

Post by Medjay »

I think this is a good thread and it's come up on other forums I've been on in the past.

Like a rifle, pistol or knife a watch is usually very job specific. Like those items mentioned, some watches that can do a few things well will cost more but it's usually due to the kinds of materials and components used to ensure that the watch performs the best it can in the price point.

I'll list mine:

Backpacking, hiking, outdoor sports - Garmin Fenix 2

Work in field, training, night time movements, climbing - Suunto Ambit (I have an old 2 I can't part with and am chastised for it from coworkers constantly) in conjunction with a Garmin gps add-on

EP, PSD work or private client training - Any one of my Ares Watch Co or Rolex pieces

Diving, water work - deep; Suunto D5 w POD, shallow; Ares Diver GMT

I parked my Gshocks and solar pieces a few years ago. IMO they seem to give off a specific look and are very obvious to pick out in public.

Your experiences and results may vary.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

I bought myself a Luminox as a boot camp graduation present, and have never been unhappy with it.

No frills, dial watch that runs on a battery, but it has never let me down, even after 15+ years
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Harrier wrote: December 30th, 2019, 6:11 pm I took off my watch when I retired... These days every day is Saturday... time of day usually has no meaning...
If I need to know what time it is I look at my computer or cell phone. Still, some are a nice piece of bling for that special occasion.

ETA... Well, sometimes Time does have meaning....
Time to Eat, Time to take a nap, Time to go to the Dr., Time to go shooting...
Yes!
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

I don’t own any high end watches, was never really fascinated by them, every time I hear Rolex mentioned, I think of the movie “Leaving Las Vegas”, sells his Daytona at a pawn shop for $300 bucks If I remember right. Great flick, check it out.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

F9DEA579-6C41-4CED-8F06-6E5B3729FFB7.jpeg
F9DEA579-6C41-4CED-8F06-6E5B3729FFB7.jpeg (42.25 KiB) Viewed 5576 times