BOOT - 5.11 SPEED 3.0 SIDEZIP

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
Tactical Hawaiian
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

BOOT - 5.11 SPEED 3.0 SIDEZIP

Post by Tactical Hawaiian »

Aloha!

Here's a short review of 5.11s SPEED 3.0 Sidezip - I probably have put about 30 miles, running, on these boots (Actual mileage is more, but I don't count the day to day wear I do in them), and this is from doing a 6 mile loop - pics included on the terrain that I am traversing.

Size I have is 10.5 Wide - First off when I tried it on in the store, it was very comfortable. That weekend I wore them 12-14 hour days while putting up fence, and my feet felt nice and comfortable, the insole is super, feels like walking on a soft mat.

Traction was good on my runs, although there were some very steep/incline areas that I was scrambling over rock, but not many treads could handle that anyway. After 6 miles of running in the terrain pictured, these have been moved up to my favorite list of boots to wear. I didn't experience any hotspots, feet didn't get overly hot (although even in running shoes running 6 miles your feet do heat up).

Overall for the price of the boot, well worth on the comfort level and support it provides. I actually like wearing these boots for just running errands and what not.