Fat Guy Holster Anyone?

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
YotaSauce
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Fat Guy Holster Anyone?

Post by YotaSauce »

Has anyone has experience with this holster? Didn’t see a post about it.

https://jxtactical.com/fat-guy-holster/

As a man who has cultivated mass these last few years, I’m getting tired of my current iwb holster jabbing into my hip/upper thigh.

I’m surprised other holster companies don’t have a version of this.

Unless maybe someone else knows? Any other recommendations? I’ve previously looked at Urban Carry G3 as well.

https://urbancarryholsters.com/order-cu ... ld-g3.html

Might be a good two to compare?

mallic

Re: Fat Guy Holster Anyone?

Post by mallic »

I've had good luck with the Aliengear Cloaktuck 3.5. I am 6'4 and about 350 lbs and it sits comfortably. Has a neoprene backing, so it wicks really well.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

mallic wrote: April 24th, 2023, 1:58 am I've had good luck with the Aliengear Cloaktuck 3.5. I am 6'4 and about 350 lbs and it sits comfortably. Has a neoprene backing, so it wicks really well.
I saved a ton of money by just making a neoprene wrap for my cheap holster. A friend named it the Kydex Koozie, and those who have tried it swear by it.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
mallic

Post by mallic »

kenpoprofessor wrote: April 24th, 2023, 2:09 am
mallic wrote: April 24th, 2023, 1:58 am I've had good luck with the Aliengear Cloaktuck 3.5. I am 6'4 and about 350 lbs and it sits comfortably. Has a neoprene backing, so it wicks really well.
I saved a ton of money by just making a neoprene wrap for my cheap holster. A friend named it the Kydex Koozie, and those who have tried it swear by it.

Clyde
I mean, the AG 3.5 is like $50. It's already on the less dumb pricing scale of holsters.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

mallic wrote: April 24th, 2023, 3:01 am

I mean, the AG 3.5 is like $50. It's already on the less dumb pricing scale of holsters.
That's a lot of ammo $$ for a holster, especially when I can make a better product for much less and be comfortable knowing how little it costs and how great it feels. You guys must have too much money to be spending that much on holsters that you may not even like.

Clyde
mallic

Post by mallic »

Refunds and selling used are things my dude. Plus $50 for a holster I've used for 7+ years or so is a fair trade off to me. Also, I am a techy nerd and am s*** at making things lol.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

mallic wrote: April 24th, 2023, 3:15 am Refunds and selling used are things my dude. Plus $50 for a holster I've used for 7+ years or so is a fair trade off to me. Also, I am a techy nerd and am s*** at making things lol.
If you can justify the cost in your mind, that's cool, but there are alternatives for those of us who can do that sort of thing. I'm also kind of a tech nerd, but I also have the capacity to learn new skills and adapt, especially if it means saving money to buy other things I am unable to produce.

Clyde
YotaSauce

Post by YotaSauce »

I like the sounds of that! I'm not 6'4 but I am almost 350lbs. With my current holster, a Sig P365 Holster IWB Kydex, when I sit down it jams into my side because it's not really sitting below the waist.

Does this sit lower or does the backing help with not jamming into your side?
YotaSauce

Post by YotaSauce »

Clyde
Are you saying you make them and sell them or are you saying that it can be made with a bit of elbow grease on my side? I'm not sure what you're mentioning here. Looking to get my P365 sitting below my waist, which is what the two I mentioned above seem to do.
G34

Post by G34 »

i wonder if some of you heavier guys would benefit from the enigma system? you dont have to go right at the front appendix but more off to the side if it fits around your belly.
YotaSauce

Post by YotaSauce »

G34 wrote: April 24th, 2023, 9:32 am i wonder if some of you heavier guys would benefit from the enigma system? you dont have to go right at the front appendix but more off to the side if it fits around your belly.
Extra belts aren't really what I am going for. I don't have a belly that hangs, just the backend of the gun jamming into my side when I sit down. Standing is perfectly fine.
mallic

Post by mallic »

YotaSauce wrote: April 24th, 2023, 9:08 am
I like the sounds of that! I'm not 6'4 but I am almost 350lbs. With my current holster, a Sig P365 Holster IWB Kydex, when I sit down it jams into my side because it's not really sitting below the waist.

Does this sit lower or does the backing help with not jamming into your side?
I carry an SR9c and at 3:30-4ish, it sits under my lovehandle. Pushes up slightly on the fat, but it has nice beveled edges, so it doesn't really dig in. The two loop design + large surface area + neoprene makes it not dig into the skin on my hip at all. Does a pretty good amount spreading pressure out when sitting down.

I also wear an oversized tshirt untucked daily though because I'm not fond of exposing my buttcrack to the world when I bend over. Your mileage my vary on concealability in more workplace appropriate attire.
Last edited by mallic on April 24th, 2023, 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
DM47

Post by DM47 »

$50? Got a link?
mallic

Post by mallic »

DM47 wrote: April 24th, 2023, 11:25 am
$50? Got a link?
Apparently it is $65 now. Been a few years since I've ordered from them. https://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gea ... tband.html
YotaSauce

Post by YotaSauce »

Clyde
@kenpoprofessor So what is this "Kydex Koozie" you speak of. Pics? Links?

Is it custom fit or is it some type of Frankenstein Holster? Thanks in advance!