Leatherwork .. I called it to early

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Leatherwork .. I called it to early

Post by Boriqua »

OK .. I thought I would just give up the leatherwork and stare off into space but ... I love making cool SH*T and I am bored. Some of you have seen my offerings posted over the years and some of you dont know me from a hole in the wall. Everything I make is Designed, Cut, Dyed and handsewn by me. Its warranted from defects for as long as I am still breathing.

If you are interested in top quality handcrafted leatherwork give me a shout. I reserve the right to refuse a gig but ... I do everything from bags, gun holsters, knife sheaths and more. Feel free to hit me up via email if you have a project. I will pit my work against any of the larger manufacturers hands down.

For gun holsters these are the molds I currently have available. If you dont see your gun email me anyway. I am sure we can work something out. I have a thousand images of projects and potential decoration and can share when we talk. Been making things of leather since 1991

CZ97
CZ p01
CZ SP01
CZ 75B
CZ PCR
1911R Springfield Armory
Ruger GP100
S&W 686
S&W j frame
Ruger LCR
Sig 229R
Sig 226R
Sig 229 pre rail
Glock 19
Glock 17

I currently have a 8/9 beautiful shoulder and a couple of sides of 4/5 oz leather for premium holsters. I have a variety of thread colors and dye colors.

I am going to make a few things for general sale "just because" but feel free to contact me if you want something special. Especially love doing stuff for single actions.
Last edited by Boriqua on September 26th, 2022, 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smithers599

Re: Leatherwork .. I called it to early

Post by smithers599 »

What is a Smith & Wesson "Detective"? Is that a Chief's Special?
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

smithers599 wrote: September 26th, 2022, 3:23 pm What is a Smith & Wesson "Detective"? Is that a Chief's Special?
Its a wee bitty thing with no markings on the mold. A gun shop owner in Kentuky had me make him a cross draw belt holster for it and he called it a Detective. Me ... I cant swear what it is called but I can take measurements.

Edited to add
Found pix .. My notes say J Frame. I will have to compare it to my 642. The mold reads S&W 38 Special. If its something your interested in you know how to get me.
jframe1.JPG
jframe2.JPG
Last edited by Boriqua on September 26th, 2022, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Happy to see you're still doing this, Alex.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

As far as I know , S&W never made a detective model.
Are you sure it wasn't a Colt Detective ?
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: September 26th, 2022, 3:59 pm As far as I know , S&W never made a detective model.
He provided the mold. Perhaps the colt detective is close enough to the j frame? I changed it in the list to J frame so there is no confusion.
Last edited by Boriqua on September 26th, 2022, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

So what holster styles do you offer? I've been thinking about getting something better for my CZ P-01. I
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Boriqua wrote: September 26th, 2022, 4:01 pm
Ballistic Therapy wrote: September 26th, 2022, 3:59 pm As far as I know , S&W never made a detective model.
He provided the mold. Perhaps the colt detective is close enough to the j frame? I changed it in the list to J frame so there is no confusion.
They are different holsters.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

mtptwo wrote: September 26th, 2022, 4:01 pm So what holster styles do you offer? I've been thinking about getting something better for my CZ P-01. I
I have done a ton of Holsters for the CZ's. OWB and IWB. I used to be a regular on the CZ Forum and those guys like leather. Hit me up in email and I can share some pix and details. You can also just PM me a good email address. I like talking leather anyway so would love to hear from you even if you decide its not for you.
Alex
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: September 26th, 2022, 4:05 pm
Boriqua wrote: September 26th, 2022, 4:01 pm
They are different holsters.
Could just be bad memory .. I made that about 8 years ago and I aint gettin younger :mrgreen:
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

mtptwo wrote: September 26th, 2022, 4:01 pm So what holster styles do you offer? I've been thinking about getting something better for my CZ P-01. I
I have had Alex make several holsters for me. Unfortunately, they are all concealment holsters, so they were a waste of his talent. Alex makes holsters that are beautiful, works of art, designed to be seen. If you want a Boriqua holster, I recommend you get something to be worn openly, a "barbecue" holster.

For example: https://www.arizonashooting.org/forum/v ... ers#p88389
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Whadda ya have laying around for a G19/G23?
THE ICEMAN

Post by THE ICEMAN »

8-)
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Suck My Glock wrote: September 26th, 2022, 4:46 pm Whadda ya have laying around for a G19/G23?
H8pvment took the last finished G19 holster but .. that gives you the opportunity to have one made in a color scheme or decoration as you like! Feel free to hit me up.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

at last, lol, as i'm now retired as of last week, i'm finding new opportunities to be bored and not bored, pending how busy i wanna be,
glad you are back in the ''saddle'' so to speak, haha, i may have a couple to get done, check with the princess and see if she wants what i think she wants,
thanks and good stitching
Rj