What is Your EDC?

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
Dat_Ginga
ArizonaShooting.org Member

What is Your EDC?

Post by Dat_Ginga »

What are the items you carry every day? We all carry things in our pockets every where we go all day long to help us with mundane tasks, issues that may arise, work or just to make our lives a little easier. List below or post a photo of what you carry and maybe explain why you choose those items. It could be anything from what kind of gun you carry all the way down to your favorite pen you have on you at all times.

-I carry a Sig 365xl for concealed carry or whatever full size 9mm OWB while I’m at work.
-I also carry a Benchmade 930. It’s light keeps an edge for as long as I need it to and looks good.
-A Leatherman Juice goes with me everywhere for simple tasks that a basic multitool can handle.
-Of course a wallet because that is self explanatory.
-I carry a Streamlight Stylus Pro for a basic light that I find I use way more often than I should.
-My keys sit on a Keybar although I think I am going to change that up.
-On my keys I also have a Leatherman squirt that has been with me for years and comes in handy for small things.
-I wear whatever flavor watch I choose for the day.

So, what are the items you carry and why do you choose that item? This can easily make people go down a rabbit hole they didn’t know existed but posting what you carry may help others think about items that may make their day easier.

G34

Re: What is Your EDC?

Post by G34 »

43x
modlite okw
protech or microtech usually
trayvax
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Depends on the day.

Can't carry at work, so it is stashed in my backpack. It's contents..
M&P9 with 3 extra mags
Streamlight Microstream USB
Some Kershaw knife I don't recall
AAA powered head lamp
small aerosol deodorant
nose spray
keys with Olight
...on my person
Same Streamlight
Benchmade Rift
wallet
phone
chapstick
Sharpie

Weekends
Ruger LCP
Benchmade 940
wallet
phone
same keys
and usually an adult beverage.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Something that goes POP 15 times
Keys
Cell phone
Ear buds
Sunglasses
Water bottle
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I have too many different poppers that I alternately carry to bother listing them all.

However, for over 30 years I have consistently carried these 2 blades, or versions of them.
SP-C91SBBK2-OPEN-FRONT.jpg
I have actually carried a Spyderco Endura for many decades, but recently switched to the Pacific Salt H1 version because I was tired of my caustic sweat in summer always depositing a speckling of rust on my blade. The Pacific Salt series uses H1 steel that replaced the carbon with nitrogen so the blade doesn't rust.
0f480dd6-1a0e-577a-bf73-dbf0c663621f__24930.1627071618.jpg
I acquired a butterfly knife like this over 30 years ago when I was working as an unarmed security guard and refused to be unarmed. It appeared to be a matching set of pens when sitting in the uniform pocket, but in a flash and flick of the wrist was a handy little blade. I used to give these away as gifts to buddies back when they were cheap and affordable through BudK. Sadly, they are difficult to find now. But while I usually dress casual, there are times I dress up and I pop these into my breast pocket for the evening. Most court officers are hip to them these days, but I used to routinely pass right through security portals at most places with these. I could even lay them in the articles tray when I went through the metal detector and they rarely got spotted. But that doesn't compare to the looks you get when out at a nice steak house where the cutlery is dull and useless and you decide to whip out your disguised butterfly knife to carve up your porterhouse. Your girlfriend's parents will mention it for years.
xarmtdawg

Post by xarmtdawg »

I carry the same worn out benchmade auto I was issued back in 03. Now with that I carry a FN503 or my trusty PSP and an olight. Oh and some good chapstick.A wallet of course and some decent sunglasses.
Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

Usually carry a Para 1911 and a Microtech OTF DE
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Well usually I carry a bit of a personal/work assortment.

Sig 938 in a kydex IWB 90% of the time, and/or a LCP if I need something smaller.If I need something sportier for areas of larger mammals - S&W 329PD airweight 44mag in a modded to clear the red-dot CompTac holster.
I have an old CRKT M16 knife usually in my pocket.
Cell phone (iPhone 12pro max that I hate)/ keys / small maxpedition wallet in front pocket.

Then, "on me" 99% of the time is :

5.11 Rush 2.0 Stealth Grey backpack
Swiss surplus sunglasses
Personal laptop (Lenovo T14s running Arch Linux)
Work Laptop (Lenovo T14S running windows)
Vintage Palm Pilot IIIC handheld (it has a infrared port, with great range - and I have an app that is a universal remote that us super handy when I am somewhere and something annoying is on the TVs lol)
JBL bluetooth earpod things to drown out noisy people at restaurants.
IfixIt "Manta" I use these at work, the range, home, etc - awesome bit driver tool kit. Metal drivers, ball bearing tops, nice case. Great for tech repairs, and gun repairs.
Snap-on ratcheting screwdriver (use this all the time at work and home)
Flush cutters (I need to cut zip ties a lot)
Various writing/marking instruments.
Dark Angel IFAK/Trauma MedKit
Various USB drives/storage devices Tiny bluetooth/USB wireless keyboard/touchpad.
Cables assortment (USB C/Lightning/mini/compact CAT6 network cable & USB port dongle, etc)
Lots of little alcohol wipes, zip ties)
Havalon replaceable blade knife.
Usually a Fluke network analyzer.
SDR radio dongle setup, and a Baofeng radio.
Steamlight IR pen light, Petzl headlamp
Lockpicking lawyer picking kit.
Whatever book(s) I am readying at the time.

Probably a few other things I forgot.
shorepatrol

Post by shorepatrol »

paulgt2164 wrote: August 26th, 2022, 7:20 pm Well usually I carry a bit of a personal/work assortment.

Sig 938 in a kydex IWB 90% of the time, and/or a LCP if I need something smaller.If I need something sportier for areas of larger mammals - S&W 329PD airweight 44mag in a modded to clear the red-dot CompTac holster.
I have an old CRKT M16 knife usually in my pocket.
Cell phone (iPhone 12pro max that I hate)/ keys / small maxpedition wallet in front pocket.

Then, "on me" 99% of the time is :

5.11 Rush 2.0 Stealth Grey backpack
Swiss surplus sunglasses
Personal laptop (Lenovo T14s running Arch Linux)
Work Laptop (Lenovo T14S running windows)
Vintage Palm Pilot IIIC handheld (it has a infrared port, with great range - and I have an app that is a universal remote that us super handy when I am somewhere and something annoying is on the TVs lol)
JBL bluetooth earpod things to drown out noisy people at restaurants.
IfixIt "Manta" I use these at work, the range, home, etc - awesome bit driver tool kit. Metal drivers, ball bearing tops, nice case. Great for tech repairs, and gun repairs.
Snap-on ratcheting screwdriver (use this all the time at work and home)
Flush cutters (I need to cut zip ties a lot)
Various writing/marking instruments.
Dark Angel IFAK/Trauma MedKit
Various USB drives/storage devices Tiny bluetooth/USB wireless keyboard/touchpad.
Cables assortment (USB C/Lightning/mini/compact CAT6 network cable & USB port dongle, etc)
Lots of little alcohol wipes, zip ties)
Havalon replaceable blade knife.
Usually a Fluke network analyzer.
SDR radio dongle setup, and a Baofeng radio.
Steamlight IR pen light, Petzl headlamp
Lockpicking lawyer picking kit.
Whatever book(s) I am readying at the time.

Probably a few other things I forgot.
No bow drill?
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

shorepatrol wrote: August 26th, 2022, 9:00 pm
No bow drill?
He seems more like a fire piston kind of guy...or a fresnel lens.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Lol - perhaps I should have explained why.

I carry a ton of tech stuff because I work in IT - supporting multiple locations. Also, "on-call" often so instead of running back and forth to my base location - I just carry my most common tools with me.
Laptop, tool kits, radio, cables, network analyzer, etc are all things I actually use nearly daily for work.

The lockpick kit I use probably once every three/four months - for work. Nothing sucks more than getting to a site to repair some emergency IT issue to find out the network/equipment closet is behind a locked door and the property manager is off work, or can't get there till tomorrow. I just let myself in. It is amazing that some of our rented buildings require us to have equipment behind locked doors - but make so that access is only available from one person, who is generally unreliable and a pain to deal with and isn't employed by us.

IR streamlight - cause scorpions. You wouldn't think that would be an issue in my line of work - but I have a couple sites that have equipment in places that the little bastards get into. Only took getting stung once to do a quick check with the light first.

SDR radio is great for picking up interference with some of the wireless stuff. When you are dealing with 4-6 floors of a building with a ton of weird (medical) equipment sometimes the SDR is a great problem solver. Also, it is fun to see just what kind of signals are floating around.

The Palm Pilot is the MVP though. Use it all the time. Great for turning off TVs or changing channels in restaurants and offices. Annoying dildo losing their mind banging on his table and clapping/cheering at a two month old re-run of a sportsball event? Super depressing infomercials in a cancer center waiting room? CNN? I just whip out the little Palm Pilot and turn it off or change the channel. Works great.
Bosshaug

Post by Bosshaug »

A Sig 238 with laser sight, or an old school S&W Mod 36 Chief Special. :D
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

S&W Shield + and/or LCP gen2 - extra mags
Benchmade Rift 75% or others plus or minu size as needed.
A Pentel in my shirt pocket always as upclose immediate response if needed.

When with family, a 1911 in .45 in case I need to go on the offensive.

Everything else in a 511 MOAB bag in the vehicle.

Paul2164 you sir are an Oak!
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

the job of carrying 20 million illegals, paying taxes so dead beat college grads can get a pass, affirmative action programs, along with every welfare bullshite package put out, thats my every day carry, its aload, and well anyone that pays taxes carries that also. along with maybe a few personal things,

Rj
NBC_LT

Post by NBC_LT »

Summertime:
NAA mini .22 mag
Not Summertime:
S&W 37 .38 special
Everytime:
One of the above revolvers with a Piranha Excalibur OTF