gun belt 2 yrs in

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

gun belt 2 yrs in

Post by Boriqua »

I wanted to post my thoughts on what i think is a belt bargain after living with it for about 2 years. I have this one and a widerness tactical 5 stitch.

https://www.daltechforce.com/collection ... ep-black-1

That right there in my personal opinion is a bargain and a half. I mostly carry owb with a light, open button up shirt. I mostly carry heavy, ish guns prone to bobble without a solid belt. This one has been amazing. Still the same price as when i bought it snd if you get in thier mailing list they frequently have specials. I bought the brown and it looks great and i dont think it screams gun to anyone but the initiated.

Steel core and THICK LEATHER makes it like a hoop around your waist. Can carry all day without discomfort.

I found the leather to be a bit dry when i recieved it so i recommend putting a couple of passes of a good wax and rub it in well. Love it. If you are in the market ... Cant recommend it enough

xerts1191

Re: gun belt 2 yrs in

Post by xerts1191 »

Great review
Longhair1957

Post by Longhair1957 »

Very cool, I have an old “Ernie Hill” speed leather belt and holster from when I used to shoot ipsc in the 80’s. The belt has a steel insert. I’ve really missed being small enough to wear it. Really does hold the holster in place.
I may have to buy one of these.
Thanks for the post.
Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

I've been looking for a new belt for a bit now. I've been using the same Galco belt for going on 8 years now so it's definitely time to get something new. I'm thinking I'll be giving this a try.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Dat_Ginga wrote: November 18th, 2021, 11:18 am I've been looking for a new belt for a bit now. I've been using the same Galco belt for going on 8 years now so it's definitely time to get something new. I'm thinking I'll be giving this a try.
I am wearing mine as I type with a Loaded sig 229 in an OWB .. Best 65 bucks I have spent on gun gear.
Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

Boriqua wrote: November 18th, 2021, 1:52 pm
Dat_Ginga wrote: November 18th, 2021, 11:18 am I've been looking for a new belt for a bit now. I've been using the same Galco belt for going on 8 years now so it's definitely time to get something new. I'm thinking I'll be giving this a try.
I am wearing mine as I type with a Loaded sig 229 in an OWB .. Best 65 bucks I have spent on gun gear.
Did you have any issues with sizing or anything?
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

No sizing was dead on. Measure your belt from the fold at the buckle to the hole you use. Forget the size printed on your current belt. I believe they have instructions on their site. Leave room if you plan in IWB. There are 9 holes so there is a lot of adjustment. In a regular belt i use a 36 but i bought this one a 38 in case i wanted to carry appendix or IWB. Plus it leaves room for growing or shrinking

Found it
https://www.daltechforce.com/pages/perf ... elt-sizing
Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

Boriqua wrote: November 18th, 2021, 2:14 pm No sizing was dead on. Measure your belt from the fold at the buckle to the hole you use. Forget the size printed on your current belt. I believe they have instructions on their site. Leave room if you plan in IWB. There are 9 holes so there is a lot of adjustment. In a regular belt i use a 36 but i bought this one a 38 in case i wanted to carry appendix or IWB. Plus it leaves room for growing or shrinking

Found it
https://www.daltechforce.com/pages/perf ... elt-sizing

Awesome! Appreciate the input and looking forward to trying this out. It’s definitely time I get a new belt.