New Holster Idea for me

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

New Holster Idea for me

Post by Boriqua »

I have a blackpoint holster that I had been using for a couple of my plastic guns. Turns out I really liked it over some of the all kydex curved 2 piece holsters like these

https://www.glockstore.com/Bravo-Concea ... WB-Holster

Tried on and sold it off for near nothing just to get rid of it. So in thinking about what I liked and didnt about the Blackpoint leatherwing I came to obviously the leather wings. The kydex body is great but is tough on guns and doesnt ever get more comfortable than the day you first put it on.

Most of my holsters to date are belt slots. Flat back holsters are the most comfortable but you do give up a bit of retention since both sides arent molded and belt slot holsters that are 50/50 mold can after a while have the gun dig into your side since the leather pancakes pull the gun in tight.

So I tried something new for me and I LIKE IT.

I basically took one of my 50/50 holsters and added belt loops instead of slots. Gives me the retention of a 50/50 molded holster but is FAR more comfortable. This was just a quick test for my Sig 226 but I had it out when playing gun slinger in the desert with Was 21 which means holstering and upholstering 75 times and even has included running and rolling around on the ground. Held up fine and no bobbling. Considering its a somewhat large and heavy gun .. I am very pleased. As comfortable as a flat back but with more retention

The belt attachments arent cheap so I dont know that I will include them in my regular offerings but .. Maybe I will try a few.
sig 226 w belt loops3.jpg
sig 226 w belt loops4.jpg
Sig 226 with belt loops.jpg
sig 226 with Blet loops 5.jpg

Boriqua

Re: New Holster Idea for me

Post by Boriqua »

Meh .. and since I am posting leather .. I might have gotten lucky again RJ!! :lol:
I kinda like how this one came out
DSCF4912.JPG
DSCF4920.JPG
DSCF4894.JPG