Ruger Vaquero Gun Belt and Holster

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
Dat_Ginga
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Ruger Vaquero Gun Belt and Holster

Post by Dat_Ginga »

I am picking up a Ruger Vaquero in .357 mag next week and have been looking around for a decent gun belt and holster for it. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations on someone local or someone online that offers a decent selection or just a nice product. It’s not hard to find holsters and gun belts for the ruger as it seems like it’s a fairly popular gun for the cowboy action shooters but I have no idea where to start looking. Throw some online businesses or a local company my way and I’ll do research. Thanks!

h8pvmnt

Re: Ruger Vaquero Gun Belt and Holster

Post by h8pvmnt »

I have bought a lot of holster rigs and been very happy with El Paso Saddlery in Texas. They are an old leather company that goes way back making western holsters. There quality is outstanding, there lead times pretty good and pricing not bad. But as you said everyone makes a cowboy rig for a Ruger.
WRMorrison

Post by WRMorrison »

I bought a setup from Wild West Mercantile in Mesa:

7302 E Main St, Mesa, AZ 85207

Having said that, attend one of the weekend cowboy matches (every range has one; check for what's closest to you). They'll likely have people selling off their extras & used items. Unless you just gotta have new or something specific, you can save a TON of money buying used. Even buying my stuff locally at Wild West, it still set me back around $250 or so for 2 holsters and a belt...

-WRM
THE ICEMAN

Post by THE ICEMAN »

Get a hold of Alex Boriqua... He is one of the members here & does very nice work. He's done a holster for me & it's quality work. I know he's done work for a lot of other members here too. He can make it as plain or fancy as you like & his prices are decent too. He lives in Mesa.
Here's the hunting rig he made for my SRH...

Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

Thanks for replies! I looked at El Paso Saddlery online and it seems like they make good stuff for all kinds of prices. I’ll have to look into them more. I’ll go check out Wild West soon and see what they have. That holster looks like quality work so I will definitely get ahold of him. Thanks guys!