Bipods

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Bipods

Post by Old Jeff H »

Long ago I bought a cheap (Caldwell, maybe?) bipod when I was starting in F-Class shooting and I was pretty disappointed in it. Decided to pony up for a Harris, and was immediately glad I did. Ended up buying a few, but now I'm back down to one.

Although it's certainly no big deal to swap a bipod from one rifle to another, it's still nice to have one for each. Was about to pony up to buy a few more Harris, but it looks like there are a some well reviewed options out there now with a much lower price tag. Opinions?

BloodNGuts
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Bipods

Post by BloodNGuts »

Old Jeff H wrote: May 10th, 2021, 7:02 pmWas about to pony up to buy a few more Harris, but it looks like there are a some well reviewed options out there now with a much lower price tag. Opinions?
Which brands are you talking about? Harris is about as "cost effective" as I'd trust. I run an Atlas on my Bergara for long range shooting and it's worth the $
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

Haven't had the chance to use these yet but put 2 on 2 different rifles. 1 is a 308 and 1 is 556. So as I cannot attest to them, I have had good and bad bipods and these feel pretty good. With a 4.5 star, 2250 reviews and $17 price point, ill take my chances. With that said I'm sure I'll get sh!t on for buying Chinese amazon junk but thats why I can still shoot as much ammo asi have time for🤷‍♂️😁
BloodNGuts

Post by BloodNGuts »

Azgunlover69 wrote: May 12th, 2021, 8:01 amWith a 4.5 star, 2250 reviews and $17 price point, ill take my chances.
:shock: $17 bucks? Does that including shipping? LMAO
samnev

Post by samnev »

We'll I guess @ $17 it wouldn't be a heart breaker if the bipod fails. But I'd rather just get a Harris Swivel bipod.
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

BloodNGuts wrote: May 12th, 2021, 8:33 am
Azgunlover69 wrote: May 12th, 2021, 8:01 amWith a 4.5 star, 2250 reviews and $17 price point, ill take my chances.
:shock: $17 bucks? Does that including shipping? LMAO
Sure does!
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

samnev wrote: May 12th, 2021, 9:01 am We'll I guess @ $17 it wouldn't be a heart breaker if the bipod fails. But I'd rather just get a Harris Swivel bipod.
If swivel is needed.. $27 it is!! And yes...shipping is included as well.. 🤣🤣🤣
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

Azgunlover69 wrote: May 12th, 2021, 8:01 am Haven't had the chance to use these yet but put 2 on 2 different rifles. 1 is a 308 and 1 is 556. So as I cannot attest to them, I have had good and bad bipods and these feel pretty good. With a 4.5 star, 2250 reviews and $17 price point, ill take my chances. With that said I'm sure I'll get sh!t on for buying Chinese amazon junk but thats why I can still shoot as much ammo asi have time for🤷‍♂️😁
I got impatient after nobody replied, and ordered one of those yesterday. :lol: I figured for $17.00, it couldn't hurt to try. We shall see!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Old Jeff H wrote: May 12th, 2021, 10:32 am
Azgunlover69 wrote: May 12th, 2021, 8:01 am Haven't had the chance to use these yet but put 2 on 2 different rifles. 1 is a 308 and 1 is 556. So as I cannot attest to them, I have had good and bad bipods and these feel pretty good. With a 4.5 star, 2250 reviews and $17 price point, ill take my chances. With that said I'm sure I'll get sh!t on for buying Chinese amazon junk but thats why I can still shoot as much ammo asi have time for🤷‍♂️😁
I got impatient after nobody replied, and ordered one of those yesterday. :lol: I figured for $17.00, it couldn't hurt to try. We shall see!
I own 6 Harris bipods and a GG&G - I bought one of the exact ones you linked to on Amazon and it's decent. I can tell the difference between it and a Harris for sure. I relegated it to a .22LR rifle, but I'm sure it would hold up on any other range-used rifle. I wouldn't trust it in actual hard-use though. It's worth the $17 to me.
ducatilover

Post by ducatilover »

Any feedback on magpul bipods?
Doc

Post by Doc »

ducatilover wrote: May 13th, 2021, 12:38 pm Any feedback on magpul bipods?
The magpul is a waste of money. It doesn’t do anything “bipod” well.

It’s flimsy and never “sets” when you preload. I think my buddy paid $99 and wasnt at all happy. Compared to an Atlas it’s not even close. It just feels “cheap”
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

admin wrote: May 13th, 2021, 12:29 pm I own 6 Harris bipods and a GG&G - I bought one of the exact ones you linked to on Amazon and it's decent. I can tell the difference between it and a Harris for sure. I relegated it to a .22LR rifle, but I'm sure it would hold up on any other range-used rifle. I wouldn't trust it in actual hard-use though. It's worth the $17 to me.
I compared the Amazon one side-by-side to my Harris last night, and reached the same conclusion.

Certainly not a Harris, and probably wouldn't survive "combat conditions", but much sturdier than I was expecting. Definitely worth every penny of $17.00. I'm going to order a couple more.