Report on PACT customer service

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Report on PACT customer service

Post by smithers599 »

I had a PACT combination timer/chronograph that I got back in the Dark Ages. (Instead of a battery, it ran on whale oil.) A couple of months ago, the display went blank. I called PACT to see if they could repair it. No, they said, they could not repair "legacy" equipment. ("Legacy" is their polite term for OldAF.) However, they said if I would send it in, they would give me a 30% discount on a new one. Good enough. I certainly got my money's worth out of the old one.

I sent it in, then didn't hear from them. I got in touch again, and they said, "Oops, we must have lost track of it. It slipped through the cracks. Terribly sorry for this inconvenience, we are sending you a new one, no charge." Dayum!

A brand new unit arrived last week. Only problem is that is seems to be inaccurate, because there is no way I could be that slow; it's just not possible! :mrgreen:

Anyway, +1 for PACT.

Maestro

Re: Report on PACT customer service

Post by Maestro »

I'm not going to lie, I dreaded clicking on this one. I was worried it was going to be bad, especially when you got to the "fell through the cracks" part. But they certainly pulled it through in the end!
smithers599

Re: Report on PACT customer service

Post by smithers599 »

Plus I got nearly 40 years of service out of the first one!