Watch recommend

This is the place to discuss shooting-related gear: LBV's, Tac, BDU's, etc...
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Watch recommend

Post by Boriqua »

With Xmas coming I thought I would throw this out there.

https://www.momentumwatch.com/

I had a thing for watches. Whole lot of very expensive watches passed my wrist but I sold them all off. I just got rid of my last Auto about a year ago because now that I dont go out to work everyday I don't wear a watch everyday and I didn't want to keep it on a winder.

Still... I like watches especially dive style watches. I know many people prefer just using their phone but I can see the time on my wrist while riding my bicycle or motorcycle or out on the kayak and I just prefer time keeping on my wrist rather than having to dig out electronics.

So I didnt want to spend a ton and while I always stayed away from quartz this time around I wanted a battery and found the company I linked to. I think the prices are EXTREMELY reasonable for what you get. I got the Torpedo Blast in yellow about a year ago

https://www.momentumwatch.com/collectio ... 3707399203

it was tough choice because their Black Ion torpedo looks just like a Sinn I had at one point and I dig that one as well.

https://www.momentumwatch.com/collectio ... k-ion-44mm

Its a beast of a watch. Large, steel and with heavy screw down crown and I got mine with the saphire crystal. Paid $130. I believe it uses a Japanese movement and they are considered very good quartz movements and mine hasnt gained or lost any time at all. The numbers have a nice lume but the hands are not as bright and I would like the bezel to be a touch stiffer but I am being nit picky.

I have had watches that cost thousands but truth be told .. the build quality is equal to watches I paid FAR more for. Without reading names on the face this watch looks and feels the equal to much higher end watches. Nothing feels or looks "cheap" about it. The dive watch I have is a manly mans watch

So ... if you in a watch buying mood I recommend them and it might make a nice Christmas present for yourself or for someone else so I thought now might be a good time to post the link. They have lady offerings and field style watches as well as some solar and titanium. Cool site.

Still tempted by some of their auto movement watches at under $400 but .. well I only put on a watch twice a week now but .. they sure are purdy and I had a Seiko Monster and the Japanese auto movement is good to go

https://www.momentumwatch.com/collectio ... 6800306211

Flash

Re: Watch recommend

Post by Flash »

I know you're Jonesing for the momentumwatch, but I've been wearing this one since 1978 when I started moonlighting as an Assistant Instructor for SCUBA diving.

Only had it cleaned and oiled 3 times and I have been wearing it daily all that time. Hard to beat the value and dependability. They come in battery versions also.

Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

The Seikos are great. This was the very last auto I had and just sold about a year ago. Had it for YEARS. Great watch that kept outstanding time but ... I sold it used for around $500 after having owned it probably 15 years so they are still a great value but .. not what I would call cheap.
sieko.JPG

For $130 bucks I got the one below in quartz and the build quality is almost as good maybe a smidge under and I like the design. I actually like a bunch of the momentum designs. Still .. My seiko monster was a handsome watch that served me well.

but right now .. as what I consider a value priced watch .. Im digging this one and at $130.00 should be in most peoples reach for Christmas. I would have recommended it sooner but I wanted to live with it some first and with the holidays ... could be a cool present even for yourself. The pic is from their site. Only difference from mine is mine is on a nato.
Torpedo.jpg
Hammer 35

Post by Hammer 35 »

I'm a big fan of the Seiko Feild V's, especially for the price.

Considering I paid three or four times more for my Luminox that went tits up pretty quickly, and their warranty service is kind of a joke. Not planning on buying another.

I did order a Garmin Fenix 5 Plus Saphire that SHOULD HAVE been here today for hiking and hunting. I'll let y'all know what I think of it once I have it in (on?) hand.
What
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by What »

I have Garmin Instinct, love it.

Hammer, youll like the Fenix 5. I would've gotten that had I known it can last 2 weeks on single charge. I'd probably will buy that next.
Hammer 35

Post by Hammer 35 »

What wrote: December 5th, 2020, 1:04 pm I have Garmin Instinct, love it.

Hammer, youll like the Fenix 5. I would've gotten that had I known it can last 2 weeks on single charge. I'd probably will buy that next.
Dosen't hurt that I found it on sale for under $300 new on Black Friday. Now I'm just compulsively checking the tracking info.
Bear6462

Post by Bear6462 »

I’ve been on an FDE kick lately and my watch budget wasn’t big, but that’s Ok because I found just what I was looking for in the G Shock GA700 series. Looks great, works fantastic. In fact, have had it going on 2 years now and still looks like it’s brand new. Only $89 on Amazon.

https://www.gshock.com/watches/analog-d ... ga700uc-5a
pvreb

Post by pvreb »

Different strokes for different folks. A watch for me is a tool, not decoration. I have a Casio (about $18) that came with a plastic band, which I replaced with a stainless band from 2 watches ago. When I got it, 3 or 4 years ago, it was off by a few seconds from WWV. It still is, without adjustment. Can't ask for better accuracy.
Hammer 35

Post by Hammer 35 »

What wrote: December 5th, 2020, 1:04 pm I have Garmin Instinct, love it.

In case you're wondering, after three claims filed with the USPS, the Fenix I ordered in November should be here tomorrow. Hope it was worth the wait!
hairygreek

Post by hairygreek »

Jomashop has good deals my bro orders from them a lot.