SBR ave Pistol AR in backpack

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Pscipio03
ArizonaShooting.org Member

SBR ave Pistol AR in backpack

Post by Pscipio03 »

Figured this might be the right forum.
Looking to pick up a Eberlestock backpack which will fit my Mk18.
I’ve looked and found what seems to be differing forms of what I can and can’t do.
Seems I can conceal carry a loaded pistol AR (I have a CCW anyway), but I’m still a bit unsure on carrying a concealed SBR condition 1. Since the backpack has been considered an extension of concealed carry, I want to make sure I’m not violating The law.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

semperfisurveyor

Re: SBR ave Pistol AR in backpack

Post by semperfisurveyor »

My understanding of the law is you can legally conceal carry ANY weapon you are legally allowed to own.
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

Correct. The only cavet is, if you possess a ccw card AND are asked if you are carrying you must answer truthfully
Pscipio03

Post by Pscipio03 »

Thank you, guys
Pscipio03

Post by Pscipio03 »

AZ1182 wrote: August 27th, 2020, 9:40 am Mk18? You sir have good taste.

And 1st post wins again.
Not sure how many rounds through it. Did me well in my last Gunsite course. It just works.
My KAC SBR is next in line, but I haven't treated it like a red-headed stepchild like I have my Mk18.
Attachments
81880435_10221888358414023_1315266771725555957_o.jpg
Pscipio03

Post by Pscipio03 »

AZ1182 wrote: August 27th, 2020, 12:32 pm
Pscipio03 wrote: August 27th, 2020, 10:58 am
AZ1182 wrote: August 27th, 2020, 9:40 am Mk18? You sir have good taste.

And 1st post wins again.
Not sure how many rounds through it. Did me well in my last Gunsite course. It just works.
My KAC SBR is next in line, but I haven't treated it like a red-headed stepchild like I have my Mk18.
Can I hijack your thread for a second? You mentioned Gunsite, and I have a 223 carbine class next August. I was reading how they want shooters to bring knee and elbow pads, mag pouches, etc.

What was your overall impression and what would you suggest to me? I don't want to be showing up in too much happy gear, I am not a gear whore at all, but I also don't want to be the only one showing up with not enough either. I'm thinking, HSG belt, esstac mag pouches (pistol & rifle), the some kind of dump pouch, an HSG pistol pouch for a handheld light, and a custom kydex light bearing holster.

Was everyone all looking like brochures for 511 or Blackhawk? Thanks for your patience in answering ahead of time.
I would sooner forget my carbine than knee pads. Elbow pads were nice, especially by day 3. But knee pads, you’ll want them day 1.
As for gear, I had a Haley chest rig, two Kydex AR mag holders and a single pistol mag holder. I wore a drop down Safariland holster so that it put very little weight on the belt.
You can get away with just having two mag holders for the AR and one pistol holder. Most people wore that and just carried extra mags in their back pocket or side pockets if you had cargo pants.
The chest rig was nice since I didn’t have to walk back and jam mags as often as other people. I was also able to carry a tourniquet on it, a universal tool and a flash flight. But again, this is not needed.
The only other piece of gear that you absolutely need is a hat. I wore a booniecap to keep the sun off my neck. Also keeps the brass, which be hitting you constantly, from going down my shirt. Also, you’ll want a good flashlight and a WML (the WML isn’t too necessary as you only use it once). A lot of people came with flashlights that had multiple strength settings- don’t. Single setting- brightest when turned on.
Finally, who cares what you look like when you show up. If you want to wear every piece of kit you own, go for it. It’s the best way to test it out. Plate carrier- check. Ballistic helmet- check. DBAL- check. M203- well, check. You paid money for it, use it.
While I didn’t see anyone bringing that stuff with them, I would not have thought twice about it. I’ve taken a number of other carbine courses from people like LAV and Yeti and more people than not wore their full kit. What it teaches you more than anything is just how much all that s*** weighs and just how much you will actually use it.
Pscipio03

Post by Pscipio03 »

2 is 1, 1 is none. I brought 3 rifles just in case.
Gloves will be fine.
Long sleeve and plenty of water.
And you'll have breaks to jam mags.
was21

Post by was21 »

Which eberlestock pack are you running?

I’ve been using one of their Lo-Drag models and have been pretty pleased with it.