CCW Insurance

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Bigfoot
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: CCW Insurance

Post by Bigfoot »

I thought most of these insurances covered all cases of shootings if necessary.

AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

Only lawful self defense. They all exclude criminal issues.
FireArmTom

Post by FireArmTom »

I choose to pay for USCCA. I charge it off as a business expense. I think it is a small price to pay.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

I don't know even in a good shoot things can go horribly wrong or depending on the situation you may be detained or the cops that arrive on scene don't support your version of the events.

Remember the old board member from Tucson who had got into a fight with 3 people and shot all 3? Spent a considerable amount of time in jail, lost money and job, had tons of legal costs. He was innocent but man...what a toll to go through.

What if your "Good shoot" becomes a national headline?

Zimmerman woke up one day and didn't know over the course of 3 years that he would have a 3.1 million dollar legal bill.

It's the same reason why I carry every day. I carry because I would rather have it and not need that need it and not have it.
Pima Pants
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Pima Pants »

ARS 13-413...If I recall correctly this statute has been in effect for many, many years. I first learned about it in the academy in the 1980's.
SecretV

Post by SecretV »

I know I'm late to this conversation, but I use USCCA. Any weapon is covered, including my dog if he bites someone in defense of my life. However the stuff they cover is subject to change and is also dependent on the laws of the state. New York for example has made it nigh impossible to procure any type of "insurance". The idea that if it's a good shoot you don't have to worry seems naive to me. I'm not a lawyer(versed and practiced in legalese), I'm not a cop (qualified immunity, union protection, assumption of innocence), or in a vacuum free of political opinions and prejudice. In the modern day when even cops that have a good shoot that's been caught on camera are being sacrificed to the political gods what chances would you have? Do you walk around with a body cam? Do you walk around with professional witness testimony? I think having this type of insurance is prudent. I used to walk around without it, but if you have a Netflix/Hulu/Cable/other non essential subscription and the monthly cost of all those luxuries is less than the cost of the insurance why not cancel one or two of those and get insured? Like your gun you hope you'll never have to use it but it's there just in case.
DoNotPassGo
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by DoNotPassGo »

Been a USCCA member for a while now and I really like the magazines, community and resources/discounts they offer. You don't need a CCW to join. All that said I am looking to sign up with another company because of the unrealistic monetary limits USCCA sets.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

After the election, they'll be no more need for Covid-noia. When area gunshows resume, I hope that attorney Marc Victor will resume giving his free talks. The reality of 'good' shooting, here in Maricopa, is still a frightening thing....no matter HOW righteous you are.