Online CCW "Training"

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
hotwheelsjr
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Online CCW "Training"

Post by hotwheelsjr »

Anyone done it? Does AZ recognize the online training as sufficient? I was dumb and let my CCW expire and now have to do it again. I went through Hanson's class years ago when it was still an 8 hour class and range time. Looking to get it done again soon. Thanks!

Elk34
Banned
Banned

Re: Online CCW "Training"

Post by Elk34 »

Online??? Don't you still have to qualify at 7 feet on a target to graduate the class?
YNOTAZ
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by YNOTAZ »

AZ CCW hasn't required range time for several years but you will have to research to see if any online courses meet the AZ training requirement.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety or that uses instructors who are certified by the national rifle association.

2. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

3. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

5. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

7. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

8. Completion of any other firearms safety or training course or class that is conducted by a department of public safety approved or national rifle association certified firearms instructor.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

hotwheelsjr

Post by hotwheelsjr »

Thanks all -- I had no idea this was sufficient

5. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

I'm a retired veteran.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

hotwheelsjr wrote: March 21st, 2020, 8:25 pm Thanks all -- I had no idea this was sufficient

I'm a retired veteran.
Easiest one to use.... I get these all the time.
hotwheelsjr

Post by hotwheelsjr »

Thanks John
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Hansen wrote: March 28th, 2020, 1:16 pm
hotwheelsjr wrote: March 21st, 2020, 8:25 pm Thanks all -- I had no idea this was sufficient

I'm a retired veteran.
Easiest one to use.... I get these all the time.
What does " current military service " cover.
Is there a certain amount of time since you have served ?