Carry at the Renaissance

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Carry at the Renaissance

Post by Elk34 »

So how do YOU carry at the renaissance?

Jack Dupp
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Carry at the Renaissance

Post by Jack Dupp »

I don't because I wouldn't be caught dead at the Fagaissance festival. No offense, just sayin'.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

No offense taken.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Still, the question remains: do they have metal detectors/wands at the Renaissance? Anybody know?
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I went about 2 years ago. I remember them checking bags but no metal detectors. Sorry if that is less than useful. I plan to go this year if I can score coupons so I am interested if it was different last year. Love the blacksmith knives and other blacksmith goodies
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

They dont check for cc
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

I've missed the last two years due to work but every other time it was a bag check only. Water only, no other food or drinks. Just be smart about it. I'm going opening weekend this coming sunday and will have my j frame in my pocket. I'll check in and report if there is anything different.

Jack Dupp, can't help but picture you as the balding guy who still wears his high school varsity jacket with that attitude lol.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Solar_Empire wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 10:02 pm
Jack Dupp, can't help but picture you as the balding guy who still wears his high school varsity jacket with that attitude lol.
LOL. Wrong on both accounts. Still have all of my luscious locks... 8-) That dang festival has been the bane of my existence for the last 27 years.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Jack Dupp wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 11:39 pm
Solar_Empire wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 10:02 pm
LOL. Wrong on both accounts. Still have all of my luscious locks... 8-) That dang festival has been the bane of my existence for the last 27 years.
If you live anywhere near there I can see it being a giant pain. I Live on S Ellsworth maybe a mile from the 60 and thought .. meh .. I will be there in no time. Shoot I didn't get much past the Walmart and it was sitting traffic all the way to the front gate of the festival. I think it took about an hour.

Like I said .. they checked my camera bag but I was armed and no one wanded me.
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

Alex I have a wand I'll wave at you
Flash

Post by Flash »

The past owners of Cunningham's Shooting Range in Queen Creek (Mr. & Mrs. Cunningham and son) all went to all of these renaissance fairs. They were deep into the whole thing.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

I like to go for the bagpipe contests. I'm Scottish and I have a family kilt I wear when I go. I carry my glock in my sporran.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

Went today, had a blast. One sheriff deputy at the front gate just people watching and another in his vehicle that I noticed. Random bag checks it seemed (maybe because of the opening weekend crowd), buddies diaper bag got checked but me and my little 10L day bag walked right on through. Had my J frame in my pocket all day. No problems at all :handgestures-thumbupleft: .
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

"Can we bring outside food and drink? You may bring one - 16 to 24 ounce factory sealed bottle of water in with you. No other food or drink is permitted."

"Are we allowed to wear weapons? Costume swords and daggers are permitted as long as they are properly sheathed and peace tied by our safety services personnel at the main entrance."

Seems they're more worried about someone using a fake sword or not being able to sell their $12.50 'turkey legs' to people...

"Attire: The Festival is an outdoor event. We suggest you dress for the day’s weather and wear comfortable walking shoes. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone dressed in a manner that may be deemed by Festival management as offensive. No clothing with written obscenities, violent or sexual images, excessively revealing or transparent fabrics, and offensive symbols. Shirts and shoes are required."

I wonder if they would say anything about a TRUMP shirt or hat? BTW, thank Jesus I don't live out that way anymore, it always made traffic a nightmare for the months it was active...could only drive west in the mornings and east in the evenings so I had to plan accordingly and not head back home until much later in the day. Absolute mess.