Public restrooms

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Public restrooms

Post by Boriqua »

Hmmm .. Odd thread ... I am pretty happy if I mash out a turd once a day and like clock work, when I do, I mash it out at about the same time of day. Outside of that I don't think a whole lot about public bathrooms of which there are very few.

and

Of all the things in the world I will worry about or that play at the edges of my mind as a concern .. its not that somebody would want to look under the partition to see my old, fat, nasty ass tak'in a poop.

Unless of course .. its a politician in the next stall who might want to give me a handy. That is just down right disconcerting.

Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 4th, 2019, 1:47 pm I use the bathroom at home so I put mine on the nightstand beside the bed.
I can not remember the last time I used a public restroom.
^^This. Same here. My only use for a public restroom is to piss.
G34

Post by G34 »

why would you take it off?
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Most people avoid nasty public restrooms but sometimes the perfect s*** storm happens. That is, your body decides you're going weather you want to or not and the environment, your clothing, time constraints and carry method means you have a decision to make.
That's usually when someone forgets a gun in the paper seat cover holder or folded up in the child seat or changing table or drops it on the floor or it falls into view from outside the stall. I've seen idiots absent minded enough to leave whole duty belts hanging on the hook on the back of the door of the stall. How many times do you see people leave keys a phone or something else some place simply cause something distracted them. Planning ahead for this issue is no different than drilling in safety rules, people make mistakes or forget stuff and planning mitigates mistakes.

It, it being people forgetting their weapon cause they did something out of their normal habits and it slipped their mind, happens enough that having a plan isnt stupid. Especially if you're on the clock at T minus 1 ready to s*** weather you want to or not. Dont say you will never do it because no one thinks they could be so stupid and yet everyone has a brain fart or two in their lives. No pun intended.

Maybe once or twice a year if on a road trip or family outing you have to use a public restroom urgently or unexpectedly. Planning ahead is better than not planning ahead.

It seems the issue is only relevant in the summer or in dress clothing or in the odd place where the layout is such a gun hanging by your ankle can be seen from across the bathroom by hoplophobes, or anyone, and you would rather they didnt. Or possibly your carry method complicates things. The majority of the time or situation it doesnt factor into things. It just stays on the belt, hooked back around your legs so it stays put.

I think maybe a handful of times in 40 years I've encountered a situation where I wasnt comfortable letting it haing on the belt. Mostly when I started carrying concealed, sometimes where the legality of such things were questionable and I figured the hammock is better than someplace that guns are routinely forgotten or possibly seen by those nosey phuckers weve all encounters who just can accept that the stall being locked means its occupied. Another time or two was while carrying in a simple stow n go type holster or trying a new carry method.

To each their own.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Maybe one of the elite operators here could start a training class on what to do and what not to do while using a public restroom.
They could make a prop bathroom and go through all scenarios of what might or might not happen.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Sure. I'm only going to charge $200 per student minimum 10 students
G34

Post by G34 »

do you guys have a website or any videos on what yall actually do Ranger1?
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Do, like what? More detail please
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 5th, 2019, 6:45 am Maybe one of the elite operators here could start a training class on what to do and what not to do while using a public restroom.
They could make a prop bathroom and go through all scenarios of what might or might not happen.
I LIke it!

Basic outline of courses to include

*Choose your fighting position: The operators guide to picking the right stall (the handicap stall .. the throne of might)

*Situational awareness:
Applebees .. are you really safe pooping there?
know when a partition peeper is eyeing your goods
how to tell the difference between a bathroom assassin and a tranny looking to give a handy
Are adult diapers the best tactical solution

*Combat preparedness:
An unwiped sweaty ass can help you perform the perfect tactical roll
How to be a shitty opponent
Fighting with your drawers around your ankles
Isosceles or weaver (the best stance when you just cant pull your pants up)
quick retrieval of your firearm from the toilet after it falls in from your panties
Using a small penis to distract your attacker
The fundamentals of shitty wok fu will be introduced and a discussion on trigger control and grip changes for shitty hands

*The aftermath
Can I wash my hands now that the threat has been neutralized but before the police have arrived
How to avoid embarrassing photos
How do I clean my gun of poop water
answering questions from law enforcement as they openly giggle
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

You need to add when picking a stall can anyone looking into the mirror look at the crack in my stall door. Another one. While in the stall if the door of the restroom is opened can people look in and see my gun laying on the ground and can they look into the crack of the stall door.
Crippledtrigger

This is why we cant have nice discussions.

It's a legitimate question asked all the time by folks new to ccw or new to the situation they hadn't encountered. The problem is the bullsheit the tactical god incarnate types have to throw into the discussion instead of passing on an opinion or experience to help a brother out.

My wish for those types is explosive diarrhea in the back of a walmart or bar where they have to actually learn something. Then be good enough to report back.

I hope the report isnt you forgot it in the child seat or changing table. We see enough of those reports.

Dont forget the paper work.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 5th, 2019, 6:45 am Maybe one of the elite operators here could start a training class on what to do and what not to do while using a public restroom.
No I think we should really look at helping this guy out. Maybe he really needs a class on restroom etiquette. If he does then I'm going to make some money
Crippledtrigger

You teaching Larry Craig's bathroom etiquette lesson plan now are ya? I guess well have to defer to your expertise as a master instructor on this issue.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

:dance: I also teach the women too...
G34

Post by G34 »

whats your company ranger? seems your a subject expert in all firearms related things. Id like to see how you actually shoot. or do you just "teach"