Public restrooms

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Public restrooms

Post by Ranger1 »

So you are out in public and need to use the restroom. How many of you look for the stall with the child changing station to put your gun and magazines on?

delta6
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Public restrooms

Post by delta6 »

Ranger1 wrote: March 26th, 2019, 2:50 pm So you are out in public and need to use the restroom. How many of you look for the stall with the child changing station to put your gun and magazines on?
WHAT??????
Jesus help me!
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

delta6 wrote: March 26th, 2019, 5:04 pm
Ranger1 wrote: March 26th, 2019, 2:50 pm So you are out in public and need to use the restroom. How many of you look for the stall with the child changing station to put your gun and magazines on?
WHAT??????
Jesus help me!
This is a gun fourm. Here we talk about how we carry and what we do every day. Now I know you probably wear your depends so you don't need to use the restroom. But the rest of us do. So I find if I need to take a sh$t I will go into the stall with the child changing station, flip it down, put all my gear on it, and take a sh%t. Its convenient. You can just sh%t in your dipper and keep smiling :clap:
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Ranger1 wrote: March 26th, 2019, 5:11 pm
delta6 wrote: March 26th, 2019, 5:04 pm
WHAT??????
Jesus help me!
This is a gun fourm. Here we talk about how we carry and what we do every day. Now I know you probably wear your depends so you don't need to use the restroom. But the rest of us do. So I find if I need to take a sh$t I will go into the stall with the child changing station, flip it down, put all my gear on it, and take a sh%t. Its convenient. You can just sh%t in your dipper and keep smiling :clap:
Yeah... you probably change your sanitary napkin in there also :dance:
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

The hammock is always there.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Crippledtrigger wrote: March 26th, 2019, 7:27 pm The hammock is always there.
My choice as well.
Crippledtrigger

Flash wrote: March 27th, 2019, 9:16 am
Crippledtrigger wrote: March 26th, 2019, 7:27 pm The hammock is always there.
My choice as well.
If due to atire or other issues that make leaving it on the belt the hammock is my choice.

Yep no chance of forgetting it there.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

I new a guy that would put it on the back of the toilet. He forgot it once. Just once.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I have to ask .. been carrying guns for some time. Why are some guys taking their gun out of the holster to take a dump?

Is this a tactical thing so if someone bum rushes the stall you can quickly bring your gun into play out of your skidded up drawers?

I just pull my pants down and rest the muzzle of the holstered gun on the floor. Its still right on my belt on my pants. When I am done with my business I simply pull my pants up with gun still attached. If you are worried that your gun will fall out .. its time for a new holster.

Way I figure it .. with all the trigger discipline and thoughts of safety that anyone can muster .. the safest thing is to not mess with your gun unless you are drawing it to put it away or to shot someone.
Crippledtrigger

Som dont want their gun seen below the stall or the weight of the gun rolls it over with out your body to hold it upright. Or their holster isnt looped thru the belt i.e. clipped on. Others dont want their stuff to touch the nast piss and other s*** present on the floor.

You dont take your gun out of the holster, at least I dont. If I'm wearing Jean's they are usually stiff enough to support the gun holster right where it is. If I'm wearing shorts that wont hold it upright or using a simple stow n go type holster it goes in the hammock holster n all. You're correct in n out of a holster in such situations only adds opportunity for an oh s*** discharge.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Boriqua wrote: April 3rd, 2019, 4:30 pm I have to ask .. been carrying guns for some time. Why are some guys taking their gun out of the holster to take a dump?

Is this a tactical thing so if someone bum rushes the stall you can quickly bring your gun into play out of your skidded up drawers?

I just pull my pants down and rest the muzzle of the holstered gun on the floor. Its still right on my belt on my pants. When I am done with my business I simply pull my pants up with gun still attached. If you are worried that your gun will fall out .. its time for a new holster.

Way I figure it .. with all the trigger discipline and thoughts of safety that anyone can muster .. the safest thing is to not mess with your gun unless you are drawing it to put it away or to shot someone.
I understand where you guys are coming from. Before the changing stations came to be, I used the hammock technique or put the finger well on the hook behind the door. But now in today's world some of these stall manufacturers are putting aluminum trays and baby changing stations in stalls. So if they are available why not use them. That's a I'm asking.
thom

Post by thom »

Entertaining questions at the best.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Boriqua wrote: April 3rd, 2019, 4:30 pm I have to ask .. been carrying guns for some time. Why are some guys taking their gun out of the holster to take a dump?

Don't want it seen below the edge of the partition and nothing more.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I use the bathroom at home so I put mine on the nightstand beside the bed.
I can not remember the last time I used a public restroom.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

You don't go out much do you?