Open Carry - no thanks

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Grayland
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Open Carry - no thanks

Post by Grayland »

Sorry, double post
Last edited by Grayland on July 30th, 2020, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knockonit

Post by knockonit »

uh oh, the "only us professinoals can carry this"" have arrived. stop you're killing me with it, wait, hold my beer, i'm gonna open carry
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

While getting old sucks ... it's about time to leave the planet.

So an American can walk around with green hair .. be 400 lbs .... be binary whatever that means... guy can walk down the street in women's cloths sporting a penis and no one can say a word. How dare you be judgy! It's their right.

No fat shaming, no calling someone a freak for green hair, and how dare you call him sir when you haven't properly ascertained if he feels like a sir.
EVERYONE OUT OF THE CLOSET!

It's all good ...

Guy could probably screw a donkey on main street and they would make laws that would make it ok, the media would portray it as normal and the aclu would defend him.

Guy carries a completely inert harmless tool at his waist as he has a right to....

Well you better carry concealed. Back in the closet for you. Those rights given to everyone else don't apply to you. Your a freak.

WTF!

I have on rare occasion open carried it's my choice. I prefer light conceal for a variety of reasons. I defend others who chose to open carry. No harm to me ... it's your right and I am not afraid of inanimate objects only bad intentions
Last edited by Boriqua on July 30th, 2020, 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grayland

Post by Grayland »

QuietM4 wrote: July 30th, 2020, 4:52 pm
Grayland wrote: July 30th, 2020, 4:47 pm
QuietM4 wrote: July 30th, 2020, 1:52 pm

1. Get a smaller gun. A t-shirt can/should hide any concealable handgun. I've lived through 37 Arizona summers, wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and never had an issue concealing a firearm. I am not a small person.

2. Yes, many of us do consider open carry for amateurs and clowns. The key tactical advantage of carrying a concealed weapon is the element of surprise. Difficult to accomplish when openly carrying a firearm....might as well paint a bullseye on your shirt while your at it.

3. The only time I open carry a firearm is while I'm shooting a match/competition.
Are we to now believe that your opinion trumps everyone else?
Anyone who open carries is a jerk because you choose not to?
I have carried, usually concealed, for a lot more than 37 years but I still choose to open carry when I am not around people.

I am pretty tired of self important people talking down to anyone who does not agree with their opinion on almost every subject. Give it a rest.
I replied to your comment on a public message board. If you can't handle reasonable criticism and response to your comments, I would suggest leaving the entire Internet.

LOL...you posted a quote of my post with a condescending reply.
Now you suggest that I leave because I would dare to criticize your reply.

What a pompous response. 😎
Grayland

Post by Grayland »

To be clear....I carry concealed most of the time. For certain reasons, I cannot carry IWB so must conceal with shirt, etc. I do notopen carry in stores or other public places. I do not make it obvious if there is anyone around. I doubt if anyone ever sees my weapon.

But...I absolutely defend the right of people to open carry if they want.
I have carried in Alaska where most people open carry without any discussion and in Washington State where the open carry right is absolute..as well as concealed in both states.

What I don't understand is the effort to demean those who do open carry. I support the 2a and have a problem with undermining it...especially in Arizona as a constitutional carry State.
Last edited by Grayland on July 30th, 2020, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

^^^^^
Ding ding ding winning answer!
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

What I don't understand is the effort to demean those who do open carry. I support the 2a and have a problem with undermining it...especially in Arizona as a constitutional carry State.

Well we had same struggle back when open carry dinnas were the thing, we had as many as over a hundred at dinnas a few times, but average was 40 plus or so. Lotsa fun, lotsa folks learned lotsa thing about society as awhole in regards to carrying openly, we managed to educate quite a few folks, and as with any thing being done in a group, some peacocks as mentioned had to push it, but its ok, they were still with in the right to do so. While many did not agree it did not diminish the movement. It matters not who or how you carry, on ly that you do, and do it responsibly and to admonish someone for doing it their way is the "liberal attitude" we are dealing with over the entire society issues.
Most can't even show where an open carry person has been the cause or been the victim of a shooting or bad guy, its an old wives tale wanna be "tacticool guys' shout out when they have no other argument,

fun to discuss, and see who believes in individual rights, it provides some insight as to whom one can or would like to associate with and help protect "your'' rights.
of course just my opinion, and well its ok with me. you, your choice for sure.
Rj
Azdonald
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Azdonald »

I normally carry concealed. But do open carry as well it has its place for me such as once I was able to be more active outdoors. Hunting. Hiking. Fishing. It's not as restrictive if you find yourself in an odd positiin
vtachrn

Post by vtachrn »

I used to open carry quite a bit and really have not thought much about it. However with the current climate of "triggering" people, I just dont see the need to paste a target on my back anymore. Seems to be a loosing battle for gun rights.
A_C Guy

Post by A_C Guy »

Grayland wrote: July 30th, 2020, 5:11 pm To be clear....I carry concealed most of the time. For certain reasons, I cannot carry IWB so must conceal with shirt, etc. I do not open carry in stores or other public places. I do not make it obvious if there is anyone around. I doubt if anyone ever sees my weapon.

But...I absolutely defend the right of people to open carry if they want.

I find IWB too uncomfortable so I conceal OWB with a loose shirt.
I think the obvious open carry is inviting trouble. Though people have a right to do so, it leaves them vulnerable. It makes you a target for an attack from behind. It makes you a target for a false claim that you threatened someone with a firearm; which is a felony in Az and an immediate loss of rights.
The risks associated with open carry far outweigh the benefits for me.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I like the way people talk about all the " things " that could happen to those that open carry, yet none of them have ever seen these " things " that could happen to those that open carry.
I know I never have.
fredcdobbs

Post by fredcdobbs »

Concealed for me when I do carry, can't carry at work. I prefer to blend in, I notice most open carry when out and about as I guess most pro guns do and probably most anti guns as well. To each his own, whatever flavor one prefers is all good.
428cj

Post by 428cj »

knockonit wrote: July 30th, 2020, 5:20 pm What I don't understand is the effort to demean those who do open carry. I support the 2a and have a problem with undermining it...especially in Arizona as a constitutional carry State.

Well we had same struggle back when open carry dinnas were the thing, we had as many as over a hundred at dinnas a few times, but average was 40 plus or so. Lotsa fun, lotsa folks learned lotsa thing about society as awhole in regards to carrying openly, we managed to educate quite a few folks, and as with any thing being done in a group, some peacocks as mentioned had to push it, but its ok, they were still with in the right to do so. While many did not agree it did not diminish the movement. It matters not who or how you carry, on ly that you do, and do it responsibly and to admonish someone for doing it their way is the "liberal attitude" we are dealing with over the entire society issues.
Most can't even show where an open carry person has been the cause or been the victim of a shooting or bad guy, its an old wives tale wanna be "tacticool guys' shout out when they have no other argument,

fun to discuss, and see who believes in individual rights, it provides some insight as to whom one can or would like to associate with and help protect "your'' rights.
of course just my opinion, and well its ok with me. you, your choice for sure.
Rj
Like you I like the open carry dinners.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

I’m hoping all that open carry deter some from moving here, wear big scary gun please!
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

xerts1191 wrote: October 13th, 2020, 9:37 am I’m hoping all that open carry deter some from moving here, wear big scary gun please!
This is a great plan.

The very few times I have open carried in public (I usually only open carry while hiking/camping, don't see too many people), the few people that inquire/comment about it are always from California. I remember one lady who felt the need to confront me about it;

Kalifornia Karen: "Why do you need to carry that!?"
Me: "Well, this is America, and I can."
Karen: "Well, it doesn't make me comfortable...that never happens where I live."
Me: "Where is that?"
Karen: "I live in Sacramento."
Me: "I suggest you go back as soon as possible. We like our freedoms here in America."