Open Carry - no thanks

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Open Carry - no thanks

Post by knockonit »

right not exercised is a right lost

87jeep

Post by 87jeep »

knockonit wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 7:22 am right not exercised is a right lost
Yep!
428cj

Post by 428cj »

knockonit wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 7:22 am right not exercised is a right lost
You are correct. 8-)
oldslurrydog1

Post by oldslurrydog1 »

OMG. This thread started almost 3 yrs ago and there is still no support among 2A supporters to support other 2A supporters. Whether it's how we carry or when we carry in whatever situation. Some also badmouthed the OC dinners while they never attended one to experience the acceptance from the patrons and the establishment that agreed to alow us to be there. Seems that the firearm community eats their own. Too bad.
Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

oldslurrydog1 wrote: February 17th, 2021, 7:30 pm OMG. This thread started almost 3 yrs ago and there is still no support among 2A supporters to support other 2A supporters. Whether it's how we carry or when we carry in whatever situation. Some also badmouthed the OC dinners while they never attended one to experience the acceptance from the patrons and the establishment that agreed to alow us to be there. Seems that the firearm community eats their own. Too bad.
The problem is that we have fewer actual gunfighters here nowadays, so much yammering about optics as though CA libfags are going to find an acceptable amount of gun rights that they are gonna tolerate. f*** liberals and f*** people's feelings, carry a gun in a professional manner and be an ambassador for the cause rather than an apologist for the opposition. I'll go to church with a 3 day beard but will be clean-shaven if I'm open carrying because I want to put forward a good image for the gun community (and because God knows Californians are a bunch of pagan faggots going to hell anyways). Wash your ass, shave your face, get a good holster, and stop worrying about what some libfag thinks about your rights
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

Kingjoey wrote: February 17th, 2021, 8:48 pm
oldslurrydog1 wrote: February 17th, 2021, 7:30 pm OMG. This thread started almost 3 yrs ago and there is still no support among 2A supporters to support other 2A supporters. Whether it's how we carry or when we carry in whatever situation. Some also badmouthed the OC dinners while they never attended one to experience the acceptance from the patrons and the establishment that agreed to alow us to be there. Seems that the firearm community eats their own. Too bad.
The problem is that we have fewer actual gunfighters here nowadays, so much yammering about optics as though CA libfags are going to find an acceptable amount of gun rights that they are gonna tolerate. f*** liberals and f*** people's feelings, carry a gun in a professional manner and be an ambassador for the cause rather than an apologist for the opposition. I'll go to church with a 3 day beard but will be clean-shaven if I'm open carrying because I want to put forward a good image for the gun community (and because God knows Californians are a bunch of pagan faggots going to hell anyways). Wash your ass, shave your face, get a good holster, and stop worrying about what some libfag thinks about your rights

and there you have it, nothing else needs to be said, unless a california libfag and other neophytes wants to refute or comment trying to defend the stupidity that they exude :dance:
rj
redj

Post by redj »

So now we have to be clean shaven to open carry a gun ?
Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

redj wrote: February 18th, 2021, 6:43 am So now we have to be clean shaven to open carry a gun ?
No, that is my choice. You don't have to be cleaned up for a first date or job interview either. A three day beard, sweat pants, and an Uncle Mike's holster doesn't make a good impression on the public
Manitu

Post by Manitu »

Still can not understand how someone else carrying in a different manner than I makes any difference whatsoever to me.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

:doh: :shhh: :clap:
Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

Manitu wrote: February 18th, 2021, 12:09 pm Still can not understand how someone else carrying in a different manner than I makes any difference whatsoever to me.
As I said earlier in the thread:
The mental gymnastics against open carry nowadays is mind-numbing. Face it, the real reason is that you all don't want to make the Califaggots uncomfortable which just makes this place more attractive to them. Carry a gun openly, carry a gun concealed, but for f***'s sake stop with the gymnastics
I got no qualms with how anyone carries a gun besides the ones that AZ1182 spelled out. What I get sick of is the concealed crowd coughing up BS excuses against open carry. I choose to mainly open carry because it is faster to draw from and more comfortable, and when doing so I try to present a good image unlike the neckbeards wandering around Walmart with a Ruger P89 about falling out of the nylon clip-on holster hanging on their basketball shorts. Get a good holster, get training, and don't be a dick, that's the biggest three bits of advice I have for any gun owner. The fact that this thread has got 13 pages just verifies the fudd-dom and gymnastics I was referring to. There are pros and cons to both methods, but when people go out into the weeds trying to justify the sole supremacy of their preference then its usually a fudd of some sort. These are the same idiots that piss on you for hunting coyotes with a black rifle or hunting pigeons with anything besides an O/U. The same mentality that won't stick up for your right to own a particular gun often won't stick up for your right to carry one in a particular way. The only optics we need to be concerned about is public image because the media and politicians are working equally hard to tarnish it