Open Carry - no thanks

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Aroundtheworld06
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Re: Open Carry - no thanks

Post by Aroundtheworld06 »

Is it me or are you all seeing more open carry these days. I think this pandemic has brought a lot more into the gun club....Not necessary a good thing.

Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

At least you can see who has a gun. I believe a open carry society is a polite society.
Razai
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Razai »

I have never grasped the logic behind painting a giant target on one’s chest.
Anyone who CCs can make the others who also CC.
428cj

Post by 428cj »

For years I do both, open carry and CC.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Razai wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 9:24 pm I have never grasped the logic behind painting a giant target on one’s chest.
Anyone who CCs can make the others who also CC.
Anyone who CC'S can make the others who also CC? Not quite.. I have met people very polite and they were not cc ing. Just because someone is nice, polite, curious and respectful in no way shape or fourm means they are conceal caring. It just means their mother and father were right on the money teaching them.
Razai

Post by Razai »

Who said anything about their upbringing? People who CC move subtly differently. We are aware of it, and we notice it in others. If someone manages to be so impressively bionic about it that I miss it, no harm done. Just pointing out that it isn't that hard to see, and the only time I've ever been made, to my knowledge, was by another like-minded fella at a theater. We politely nodded to each other, and that was that.
coupeman

Post by coupeman »

upcountry wrote: April 19th, 2020, 2:56 pm If I'm planning to shoot up a place like a Subway, drugstore etc, the first person I'd shoot would be the guy carrying a gun openly--he could shoot back. Concealed is the best choice.
So before shooting up these said stores, you are going to walk around and look at everybody's hips before opening fire? Technically a buff dude conceal carrying could be shot first as the criminal assumed him as a major threat.

It's all circumstantial in my opinion. I would never say there is a best choice, more like to each their own. Hold your tool how you want. That's what she said....
DoNotPassGo

Post by DoNotPassGo »

Jack Dupp wrote: May 14th, 2018, 10:52 pm I saw a young guy at In N Out (couldn't be more than 21) open carrying a giant bling hogleg. I support his right to carry, but it reminded me of what a giant douchebag I was when I was 20, carrying a 7.5" Redhawk in a shoulder holster under my left armpit WHILE also carrying a BHP in a nylon holster on my right hip. Of course while wearing tight 501s, a studded black leather belt that'd make Billy Idol proud, and a tight black wife beater to make sure everyone saw all FOUR guns!
Ah I wish you had a photo of this!

I'm all for open carry if the majority of the given community is carrying the same way but if you're the lone ranger you might become a target.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

:lol: :o :eusa-violin: :happy-jumpeveryone: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: what he said
Grayland

Post by Grayland »

I open carry when I am away from crowds. I have a very hard time with IWB carry and usually need to have shirt over OWB carry. Not always easy in hot times. Makes wearing a tee pretty difficult.

I am surprised at the heavy put down on open carry posted above. It sounds like some consider anyone open carrying as armatures or clowns. Some of us who do open carry are a bit offended by that.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lol, yeah, used to be fun to have the open carry dinnas, amazing how many yahoos came outta the closet with "you'll get shot first", they'll take it away from you, you'll be targeted.

kinda the same thing about whats that critter: chukacabra

jmo of course,
Rj
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Grayland wrote: July 30th, 2020, 12:14 pm I open carry when I am away from crowds. I have a very hard time with IWB carry and usually need to have shirt over OWB carry. Not always easy in hot times. Makes wearing a tee pretty difficult.

I am surprised at the heavy put down on open carry posted above. It sounds like some consider anyone open carrying as armatures or clowns. Some of us who do open carry are a bit offended by that.
1. Get a smaller gun. A t-shirt can/should hide any concealable handgun. I've lived through 37 Arizona summers, wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and never had an issue concealing a firearm. I am not a small person.

2. Yes, many of us do consider open carry for amateurs and clowns. The key tactical advantage of carrying a concealed weapon is the element of surprise. Difficult to accomplish when openly carrying a firearm....might as well paint a bullseye on your shirt while your at it.

3. The only time I open carry a firearm is while I'm shooting a match/competition.
Grayland

Post by Grayland »

QuietM4 wrote: July 30th, 2020, 1:52 pm
Grayland wrote: July 30th, 2020, 12:14 pm I open carry when I am away from crowds. I have a very hard time with IWB carry and usually need to have shirt over OWB carry. Not always easy in hot times. Makes wearing a tee pretty difficult.

1. Get a smaller gun. A t-shirt can/should hide any concealable handgun. I've lived through 37 Arizona summers, wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and never had an issue concealing a firearm. I am not a small person.

2. Yes, many of us do consider open carry for amateurs and clowns. The key tactical advantage of carrying a concealed weapon is the element of surprise. Difficult to accomplish when openly carrying a firearm....might as well paint a bullseye on your shirt while your at it.

3. The only time I open carry a firearm is while I'm shooting a match/competition.
Are we to now believe that your opinion trumps everyone else?
Anyone who open carries is a jerk because you choose not to?
I have carried, usually concealed, for a lot more than 37 years but I still choose to open carry when I am not around people.

I am pretty tired of self important people talking down to anyone who does not agree with their opinion on almost every subject. Give it a rest.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Grayland wrote: July 30th, 2020, 4:47 pm
QuietM4 wrote: July 30th, 2020, 1:52 pm

Are we to now believe that your opinion trumps everyone else?
Anyone who open carries is a jerk because you choose not to?
I have carried, usually concealed, for a lot more than 37 years but I still choose to open carry when I am not around people.

I am pretty tired of self important people talking down to anyone who does not agree with their opinion on almost every subject. Give it a rest.
I replied to your comment on a public message board. If you can't handle reasonable criticism and response to your comments, I would suggest leaving the entire Internet.
redj

Post by redj »

What about all the open carry dinners that used to be a big thing on the other AZshooting site.
You know where they would get a group together and everyone would open carry their guns and a few of them would strut around like bunch of peacocks.
Why was is OK then and not OK now ?
Last edited by redj on July 30th, 2020, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.