Open Carry - no thanks

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Open Carry - no thanks

Post by xerts1191 »

:clap:

XNARC

Post by XNARC »

xerts1191 wrote: October 13th, 2020, 9:37 am I’m hoping all that open carry deter some from moving here, wear big scary gun please!
Ok, I just added Open-Carry to my bucket list
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

IMG_3605.JPG
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

Concealed carry. Why advertise.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Before I moved here nearly 30rs ago, I O/C'ed whilst on a vacation. I entered a knick-knack shop in a Sedona plaza, and the owner asked why I had a gun. I gave a polite response of something akin to, 'for my protection, and because it's legal here'. He expressed his discomfort with it, and I continued to politely explain he was free to post a sign on his door, as it was his business. Here in the city, I doubt I've seen more than a couple dozen non-LEO folk openly strapped in all these years.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

I see quite a few, since the city, county and fed buildings i usually frequent are closed, so not spending any time around them, but in general, if one pays close attention, is a fair amount.

it is amazing how many folks do stare you down when armed openly, hehe, its clear they are not from the Free America, known as Arizona
Flash

Post by Flash »

I was getting new tires at Discount Tire a few days ago and they couldn't find the factory key to unlock my spare tire.

While wriggling around behind the seat looking for it, I noticed the service manager or whatever he is had backed away around 20 feet or so and was kind of staring at me.

Turns out my T-Shirt rode up a bunch and exposed my CCW.

He didn't say anything though, just looked at me oddly.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Flash wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:25 am I was getting new tires at Discount Tire a few days ago and they couldn't find the factory key to unlock my spare tire.

While wriggling around behind the seat looking for it, I noticed the service manager or whatever he is had backed away around 20 feet or so and was kind of staring at me.

Turns out my T-Shirt rode up a bunch and exposed my CCW.

He didn't say anything though, just looked at me oddly.
Was he wearing a dress and was his tampon string showing. :shock:
Sigh ... what a Pu$$y.
Pawe17

Post by Pawe17 »

I feel safe when someone is OCing in my immediate area but it's now exclusively CC for me. I just dont have the energy anymore to answer people asking why I have to bring a gun with me.
Silverback

Post by Silverback »

It really depends on where you are going right.

If you are out on your own in the middle of nowhere, or just with friends/family but isolated like that sure, open carry if you want.

If you are carrying in an urban environment, out to dinner, down to the shops etc... where odds of a situation go way up simply because the number of people in proximity goes way up... don't trade the element of surprise for a statement or the hope of dissuading someone. The few seconds you buy for yourself by being concealed is a precious chance to assess the situation fully and make a conscious decision about if and how to engage. Once that gun is seen you no longer have think time, you only have act time. A friend of mine was in a fast food years ago when two armed men entered. Where he was sitting he said he was sure he would have been spotted as the one patrolled while the other robbed. Because he was concealed he was able to wait it out until they left the place, follow and apprehend from behind with no other being endangered should he need to shoot. He says it too every ounce of his control not to go right into battle mode but he is so happy he waited, big hero, no charges, no legal battles, just a clean stop.
HazelM
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by HazelM »

SweetKnuckles wrote: May 15th, 2018, 6:02 am "I don't always open carry, but when I do it's left hip cross-draw in my nylon thumb break too-big-for-my-gun $8.96 Walmart Holster"

LOL
INTERNET GOLD
Bigmalcolm

Post by Bigmalcolm »

I have always felt that open carrying brings on to much unwanted attention and fear for some people. That being said... You do you!!
3 out of five crimes are done with a conspirator!!
That means if your gun is seen prior to the crime is carried out, you already painted in your own blood or could be.
Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

The mental gymnastics against open carry nowadays is mind-numbing. Face it, the real reason is that you all don't want to make the Califaggots uncomfortable which just makes this place more attractive to them. Carry a gun openly, carry a gun concealed, but for f***'s sake stop with the gymnastics
marlin39a

Post by marlin39a »

The only time I open carry, is when heading into the backcountry to shoot jackrabbits and coyotes. I’m an old guy, and would never carry openly in public. I’d fear of being targeted by the loony left. Yes, there around here.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Kingjoey wrote: January 13th, 2021, 2:21 pm The mental gymnastics against open carry nowadays is mind-numbing. Face it, the real reason is that you all don't want to make the Califaggots uncomfortable which just makes this place more attractive to them. Carry a gun openly, carry a gun concealed, but for f***'s sake stop with the gymnastics
+1.