What are y'all carrying?

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
semperfisurveyor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: What are y'all carrying?

Post by semperfisurveyor »

Recently switched from the P290RS for a P365 for this summer... very similar footprint, twice the capacity...way better trigger/sights.

Sobrbiker

Post by Sobrbiker »

Go ahead and laugh if you want, but I scored a Diamondback DB9 on gunbroker last year for $115.
It’s on me all the time, loaded with 124gr JHP’s. 700+ rds through it and it hits where it’s pointed.

I have other pistols I carry that could score me cool guy internet points, but I guarantee I break rule #1 of gun fighting less than most people.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

After 17 years of carrying a G26, I finally decided I could handle the extra inch and have been carrying a G19 the last couple years. When I'm feeling frisky, I strap on the G23C.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Gen5 19 pretty much all the time. If I go to tanto to hike or go swimming I will have a 3" GP100 in .357

I have owned so many prettier, cooler guns but then I was always worried about scratching them up. The Ruger and the glock .. meh if I drop it in the river or on the trail you dust it off shake out the water and stick it back in the holster and both will work fine and if they get some love marks .. I dont feel bad. two very basic guns
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

i carry so many different units, and a revolver is sometimes in the mix, pending where and what.

but overall, usual go to is a micro 1911, while only 5 shot, i'm confident it will do what i need when it is needed. and on occassion will have a pocket bug, just cause.

I'm headed out on a trip for a week, and am gonna take a couple units along, so gotta go thru the airport bullshiate, to get'm where i'm going, wont' need to bring'm back, as i'm gonna give to my daughter for her birthday, once we hit the range and she shows me her proficiency in use.
Georgia is supposedly a 2a freindly state, we will see.

Rj
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

Either a G 30S or a STI Lawman 3.0 in 9mm. Depends on attire.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Regardless of the temperature or what I'm wearing, a Sig P220 Compact IWB. It conceals very easily.
devildogandboy
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by devildogandboy »

been appendix carrying Glock 43 with Galco tuck-n-go hoster for the last 18 months. have an S&W shield in 9mm but haven't shot it yet.
Firewhenready7

Post by Firewhenready7 »

Some days it's a Glock 23 40 cal. with 2 spare mags. Other days it a 40 cal. Shield.
deserttrans

Post by deserttrans »

Depends on the weather and wardrobe. Some form of 1911.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Glock 19 or 17. Always with 1 or 2 G17 mags. Sometimes a shield if I really want or need to hide a weapon in area's of "enhanced scrutiny". Use your immagination to figure out what that means.

I have also experimented with ways to back pack carry an AR at malls n other soft targets. I Decided it will have to be a pistol type AR or maybe even a PCC type rifle as a 14.5 AR requiers just too big a back pack to be inconspicuous to those with a clue. Most larger packs have acres of molle webbing and some of the bespoke bags intended to inconspicuously cary an AR arent cheap. Since I'm a crippled crotchety bastard, carrying a racket ball or tennis racket bag is even more suspicious to those with a clue.

I'm just in the trial and error phase, [i.e. only done it a few times as I quickly find the flaws in my attempts and return to the drawing board], preparing for the future, or so I thought till the cops arrested a couple tards preparing to shoot up the mall I take the girls to and where the wife likes to shop.

The mall in question is in a very good part of the area right by the cowboys new facility a few miles from the house in Frisco. The plan was to hit the mall right after the school year ended hoping large numbers of younger people would be there.
I wish trouble would stay in specific zip codes but that's not the way it works. Anyways, We're talking avarage 350 to 500 grand homes sold as fast as they can build them. Again that has no bearing on bad s***.

Anyway I refuse to be the one hiding a a clothes rack in some small store when something happens. Nor will I abdicate my responsability to protect me and mine to the response time of police and hope we don't have a "broward coward" type responding. Still it would take a lot of time to clear a mall. I'm not looking for trouble nor do I have any Rambo wet dreams but I'm not a lemming either.

Besides the only reason you carry a concealed handgun is cause you can't hide a rifle and if trouble made an appointment you would bring a rifle.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Glock 34MOS with a RMR 3.25 on it. Other most carried is S&W M&P core with a RMR 3.25 on it. No holster it fits between my pants and belt and the muzzle drops into my watch pocket. May have to finally reconsider this as Wrangler just made their watch pockets tiny and the M&P snags. My two carry guns and my house gun M-9.
IMG_7911.JPG
Last edited by 338lapua on July 24th, 2018, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PWilliam

Post by PWilliam »

Generally a gen 5 G19. If I REALLY don't want anyone to know I am carrying, then a little High Standard 22 mag Derringer.
baby huey

Post by baby huey »

I try to carry my Gen 3 Glock 26 but sometimes get real lazy and pocket carry a 442. I want to get a Glock 43
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Mace. Oh, and a rape whistle.