Police department apologizes over image of Black man used for target practice

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Police department apologizes over image of Black man used for target practice

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://abc7news.com/police-department- ... /13417727/

A police department in Georgia is apologizing after posting now-deleted footage showed several white participants in a handgun training course shooting a photo of a Black man for target practice. The footage has sparked outrage among some in the community.

A representative from the police department told ABC News that the human images will no longer be used for civilian target practice following the outrage but the images will continue to be used for law enforcement training per law enforcement training standards.

Footage posted online by the Villa Rica Police Department, captured by ABC affiliate WSB-TV before their deletion, show only images of a Black man being used by civilian class participants, though the department said that the images are one of "various ethnic groups" included in the target practice photos.

Online commenters critiqued the apparent sole use of images with a Black male.

"Hating and being afraid of [Black] people is taught at home, at police training and apparently random handgun classes," read one comment on the police department's Facebook post.

Members of the Carroll County branch of the NAACP criticized the department's use of photos as targets.

"These types of targets have been used by other police departments within the U.S. and have been deemed racially inappropriate and unacceptable," NAACP Carroll County President Dominique Conteh said in an online statement.

NAACP Carroll County did not immediately respond to a request for comment from ABC News.

"I don't think you should have any human being as a target whether they are Black, white, Asian," Conteh said in a comment to a local Fox affiliate.

Villa Rica Mayor Gil McDougal ordered the images to be removed from social media and for an independent firm to investigate the incident, according to WSB-TV.

Suck My Glock

Re: Police department apologizes over image of Black man used for target practice

Post by Suck My Glock »

No,...this is NOT the Onion or Babylon Bee.
QuietM4

Re: Police department apologizes over image of Black man used for target practice

Post by QuietM4 »

Wait until they find out USPSA/IPSC shooting...always shoot the brown targets, never the white targets...shooting the black ones doesn't matter.
QuangTri

Post by QuangTri »

But, targets of grannies, kids, and yiddish looking girls is fine with them?
The "no hesitation" targets of a few years ago.

cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

Atlanta is a city composed 58% of black citizens, a black Mayor, a black District Attorney, and a police force that is nearly 60% black. How does systemic racism explain the problems in that city?

Nationwide blacks are about 15% of the population and commit 70 % of the violent crime. They commit crime against whites at a ratio of 49 to one! And commit murder against whites at a ratio of 18 to one! Three times a day, somebody in Atlanta was getting shot. Three times a week, someone got killed. Fun fact: Almost none of the people getting killed are white. The victims of this violence are almost exclusively Atlanta’s Black underclass. The rate of black on black crime is even more indicative than this. Of the 139 murders the city experienced in the first 10 months or so of 2021, only five were of white people. The city buried 82 Black bodies before its first white homicide victim: Midtown bartender Katie Janness.

The Black crime rate is much higher in big cities where large populations of blacks live in one area.

I know these are shocking facts that you find hard to believe because you never heard this before. The liberal media doesn’t want you to know. They want you to think that blacks are not the problem and that whites are the ones committing crime against the black people!

In case anyone really wants to dig into this, here is a link to Georgia's crime statistics, pay attention to page 15. Hell, I will post a screen cap of it here and save you the trouble of reading the rest of the document.

The bottom line is that blacks commit the OVERWHELMING majority of violent crime in Georgia. Is it wrong or insensitive to have targets of blacks? I dunno, but in target/threat analysis it would make sense to use targets that give a realistic representation of the current threats you could encounter, right?
Attachments
crime stats-GA.jpg