Fanny pack .. do you, Would you?

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Fanny pack .. do you, Would you?

Post by Boriqua »

QuangTri wrote: February 18th, 2023, 3:12 pm
Boriqua wrote: February 17th, 2023, 11:49 am Is yours a "made for gun carry" pack or are you just using a plain Jane pack like the ones popular in the 70's.
It is a medium size DTOM. A Samsung S7 phone fits like it was made for it. I usually wear it shifted over to the left for sort of a cross draw. Great position for driving and the seatbelt.

I have a 5.11 as well, but it has no extra pockets and will not fit the 30. Keeping it for my wife or if i get a subcompact in the future.
DTOM??

QuangTri

Post by QuangTri »

Don't tread on me is the company name, they seem to use DTOM for shorts.
Amazon carries them
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

Used to wear them in high-school. We called them ETs. Extra testicals.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

I have a Galco concealed carry fanny pack that I bought in the early '90s I don't use it often - but it has been used. It works well - and I've worn it infrequently over the years - particularly in situations where I want to carry but am not wearing something that affords me a belt. The other use is when I'm going to the movies. I'm a big guy, and sitting in a small seat for three hours with a strong side IWB holster in place is a lot less comfortable than sitting there with a fanny pack on my lap.

I figure that the people who recognize it as a carry device are not likely to be the people who will cause me a problem - and it's certainly much better than not carrying. Additionally - it is an old and large version - it conceals a full sized handgun (like a 13 round double stack .45ACP with a spare magazine) in a way that is a lot more comfortable than most of the other available methods (for me). Since I gave up and moved to 9mm it gets a lot less use.