Anybody know more details about this SD shooting?

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Anybody know more details about this SD shooting?

Post by smithers599 »

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 897313007/
A man was fatally shot inside a Phoenix restaurant near 2700 West Camelback Road on Saturday night.

Phoenix officers arrived on the scene around 10 p.m. and found a man, identified as 26-year-old Oscar Luna, with a gunshot wound.

"Phoenix fire took the man to a local hospital where he did not survive his injuries," Sgt. Brian Bower said. "We had several witnesses and we detained a man."

Detectives who took over the investigation reported that the man who was killed had entered the restaurant with a gun and fired a number of rounds inside the building.

"The man detained and questioned by police was inside the restaurant during this incident and had shot the individual ending this confrontation," Bower said.

The detained man declared it was self-defense and many witnesses supported his statement, police said.

No arrests have been made. The incident is still under investigation.

Suck My Glock

Re: Anybody know more details about this SD shooting?

Post by Suck My Glock »

I can tell you that area has been the bad part of town for a few decades. It's one of the most active areas west of the I-17 for PhxPD. The area along Thomas and McDowell all the way to 67thAve is larger. But for calls per square mile, that hood is no good.
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

I used to work at the full service Mobil gas on the corner of 27th and camelback that got torn down for a check cashing facility. Used to be ok, but yes tr last few decades have gone to sh!t
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

GCU campus is everwhere around there. I am surprised there is no outcry over this occuring either NEAR, or 'on' GCU campus