Constitutional carry creates increased danger for blacks and is therefor racist

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Constitutional carry creates increased danger for blacks and is therefor racist

Post by Suck My Glock »

I mean,...you knew this argument was coming. Next comes how it causes climate change.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/allowing-guns ... 25390.html

sonofbp

Re: Constitutional carry creates increased danger for blacks and is therefor racist

Post by sonofbp »

I'd say it's only dangerous to the people committing violent crimes but then we'd have to talk about the minority within the minority group that are committing the vast majority of those crimes and that'd be waysisms...
Boriqua

Re: Constitutional carry creates increased danger for blacks and is therefor racist

Post by Boriqua »

I see this is all the constitutional carry discussions
“The key here is that these are people who have guns and don’t have any training,” says Brenda Goss Andrews, the former deputy chief of police in Detroit
Lets be honest .. does anyone walk away feeling "trained" when they finish their CCW course. I remember when I got mine some 16 or so years ago it was a long full day but I didnt feel any better trained after leaving and the shooting segment was a joke.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Boriqua wrote: January 12th, 2023, 9:00 am I see this is all the constitutional carry discussions
“The key here is that these are people who have guns and don’t have any training,” says Brenda Goss Andrews, the former deputy chief of police in Detroit
Lets be honest .. does anyone walk away feeling "trained" when they finish their CCW course. I remember when I got mine some 16 or so years ago it was a long full day but I didnt feel any better trained after leaving and the shooting segment was a joke.
Mine was with a laser "Glock". No live fire. LOL
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

Most people that are regulars at the range are far better trained than many in law enforcement for that specific skill set. They always throw out those comments when they get into the concealed carry argument.

Being ex law enforcement albeit military, the only skill I can think that most wouldn't have is deescalation techniques but that only applies under specific circumstances. When the time comes for one of us to feel we need to use our weapon usually the situation is past that.
Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

Boriqua wrote: January 12th, 2023, 9:00 am I see this is all the constitutional carry discussions
When I took the CCW course there was no actual training. It consisted of an overview of the law and potential things that could happen if you used a firearm in self defense. If people want training they should take a defensive pistol/rifle class to learn how to actually use their firearm. The CCW course is a great overview of the law but a terrible class for anything in terms of training.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Well...it is certainly a danger to criminals....not our fault if most of the criminals also happen to be black.

Sugar is also dangersous to black people...very high rate of The Diabetus. Is sugar racist? Is a poor diet racist?

Don't act like a criminal if you don't want to be treaded like one...pretty simple.
hudsguns

Post by hudsguns »

So if people have permits the risk is reduced? Not at all, a criminal will be a criminal and carry regardless, while anyone wanting to carry legally will have a permit. Nothing changes other than each state gets additional $$ for permits, which in AZ is $60 for a ccw.

Not a weak argument, it's no argument.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Boriqua wrote: January 12th, 2023, 9:00 am ....their CCW course. I remember when I got mine... a long full day but I didnt feel any better trained after leaving and the shooting segment was a joke.
I think I am at 25yrs now. I agree. It was still 16hrs at that time. IIRC, it was 5rds at 5, and 5 more at the 10? Perhaps 10 & 10? I'll never forget being seated behind three Hells's Angels (wearing their colors. natch). :o
mallic

Post by mallic »

My CCW class was literally just about when you could shoot and when you shouldn't shoot. I feel so much safer.