CCW wait time

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: CCW wait time

Post by QuietM4 »

Call or email them. Your permit will magically be "approved and will be mailed out in 5-7 business days". You'll get it in 3 weeks.

mock0013

Post by mock0013 »

Will do that tomorrow..
so the squeaky wheel gets it faster.
Thx

QuietM4 wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 12:19 pm Call or email them. Your permit will magically be "approved and will be mailed out in 5-7 business days". You'll get it in 3 weeks.
mock0013

Post by mock0013 »

Ok you guys were absolutely right!! I called today and waited 35 minutes on hold with 7 people infront of me it said. The lady found my app and said it would be expedited today and mailed tomorrow as she was getting someone to do the background check on me now. She said max of 2 weeks because of USPS or call back. They are backlogged till July still she said
trailboss60

Post by trailboss60 »

mock0013 wrote: October 25th, 2023, 12:20 pm Ok you guys were absolutely right!! I called today and waited 35 minutes on hold with 7 people infront of me it said. The lady found my app and said it would be expedited today and mailed tomorrow as she was getting someone to do the background check on me now. She said max of 2 weeks because of USPS or call back. They are backlogged till July still she said

Went through the same wait on hold, the guy I talked to said that he was the one that cleared me, and said that it would go out soon. I ended up with it in a few days.
It took about five weeks total.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

took six weeks, funny i sent an email and a few days later got a text and email telling me i'm approved and its in the mail. lol, being a contractor for 50 years,
'' in the mail'' means im screwed. lol
happy saturday. shouldn't take that long, supposedly they are going e fileing see whut happens
tbgb50
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by tbgb50 »

Should have listened to the advice. Waited 3 months, called today, waited on hold for 35 minutes and I got the approval email within 15 minutes.
In0de

Post by In0de »

Ordered mine 18 December 2023 and got approved 18 March so definitely a backlog going on or I was just unlucky.
BigTub

Post by BigTub »

BHCAZ1 wrote: September 21st, 2023, 7:44 am Sent app in 9/2, DPS received 9/5, issue date 9/8, received 9/18.
So, did you find out the issue date after receiving it back or is there a way to check status?
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

BigTub wrote: April 6th, 2024, 1:00 pm
BHCAZ1 wrote: September 21st, 2023, 7:44 am Sent app in 9/2, DPS received 9/5, issue date 9/8, received 9/18.
So, did you find out the issue date after receiving it back or is there a way to check status?
Call or email about status. Nearly instant approval...
zonie77

Post by zonie77 »

Send a polite email, I asked if there was a problem with mine and got a response next day, card in the mail just a couple days later. Sent a Thank You email too. If they are swamped I figure it's better to be nice to them.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

zonie77 wrote: April 24th, 2024, 9:02 am Send a polite email, I asked if there was a problem with mine and got a response next day, card in the mail just a couple days later. Sent a Thank You email too. If they are swamped I figure it's better to be nice to them.
OK, let me say it again, send your your renewal with your MO registered and/or certified so they have to sign for it. If you're sending via snail mail, after reading all these replies, you probably shouldn't own or carry a firearm anyway.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Intel6

Post by Intel6 »

After seeing this thread I just sent a nice email asking for a status update and I got a response in a few days saying my CWP was being sent.
trailboss60

Post by trailboss60 »

Reciprocity guides my choices, headed to Colorado in a month or so, nice to avail oneself of reciprocity… in a sane world it would not be necessary, but that train left the station.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

trailboss60 wrote: Yesterday, 4:55 pm Reciprocity guides my choices, headed to Colorado in a month or so, nice to avail oneself of reciprocity… in a sane world it would not be necessary, but that train left the station.
You realize, we've never had a "sane world"? There are good times, better times, and bad times, but sanity, has never been realized :mrgreen: That being said, in a country that should honor it's Constitution, "the people" should have more to say in matters. We've let them ensnare us with bread and circuses, and you can't vote your way out now.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde